Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Images and Flash

[eluser]ken kloud[/eluser]
i create a file in views folder in code igniter but the the images and flash files are not loaded,, i cannot see the images and flash in the browser...

thanks for the reply, i have a hard time in the configuration, thank you for the guide..

thanks...

[eluser]John Fuller[/eluser]
First of all, make sure that folder which contains your images and Flash files is available to the public (many people put their CI files above the root directory.)

I assume you are using relative paths. When using relative paths, everything is relative to your index.php file. As an example, don't put in a path that is relative to the controller or the view. You could also consider using absolute paths.

The typical reason for using relative paths is to make your site portable. With relative paths you can do things like change the domain name or move the site from one server to another without changing all the paths because as long as things keep that relative relationship then images and other files should still load.

With a dynamic system you can use use absolute paths and still keep the advantages of using relative paths. The way to use absolute paths and still keep everything portable is to check out the functions available in the URL helper library.

Take a look at the examples at that link and it will show you how to output a base URL and other things.

If all else fails, manually type in an absolute path to make sure that is in fact the issue. Heh, I have had problems with picture loading just to find out that I had them blocked with the Firefox developer toolbar. You never know!

[eluser]ken kloud[/eluser]
Thanks!!

Thanks for the reply...

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB