Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Using FreakAuth

[eluser]GreenDude[/eluser]
Hi.

I just tried the new FreakAuth, went through the docs several times, and I can't quite get it.

My goal is to have a login box somewhere in my page (or in a new page) and I need the admin hierarchy also. I'm fairly new to CI, and it took me a while to understand all the modifications that came with the install, but really weird stuff happened in the end. I would log in with the super admin, and after leaving the admin page it would become blank if I try to access it again. I tried to embed the auth check in my functions but that didn't really work either.

Can you please advise me on what to do/read or where I can find easier or clearer examples?

Cheers,
GreenDude

[eluser]Grahack[/eluser]
FAL comes with a login page. Did you manage to install it completely?
What do you call the 'admin hierarchy'?

About this blank page, try to use the logs of CI and see where it stops.
And what do you see when you say 'embed the auth check in my functions' doesn't work?

And welcome to CI and FAL!

I'm reinstalling now.

I got this error when I registered the superadmin and when I tried to login with him:

Code:
A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: Warning

Message: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\www\codeignite\system\language\english\validation_lang.php:1)

Filename: helpers/url_helper.php

Line Number: 455

By hierarchy I meant the user/admin levels (superadmin, etc) Smile

Later edit: Everything seems to be working, I got the hang of things :coolsmile: Have to get rid of that error.

Even later edit: The error was from a UTF-8 bytemark I had in the file. This rocks! Smile

[eluser]Grahack[/eluser]
OK, I'm glad it works now, do you have everything you needed?

Yes, I'm quite happy Smile Will try to do some modding these days.

Thanks for your time

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB