Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
What are the advantages of Codeigniter against frameworks as of zend, cakephp, and symphony?

[eluser]Pert[/eluser]
I've created my own set of additional tools for CodeIgniter.

It was more work at first, sure, but after that I had complete control and skills to do any work any of my clients could throw at me.

For the same speed and ease of use, that WanWizard is talking about, I do not want to convert to another framework. I dislike the idea of using a typical CMS (Drupal, Wordpress) as they are very limited of how much you can edit the plug ins - I definitely prefer the MVC and ability to just go in and by definition, just know how URL ends up in specific file, how I can request any data and how I then can display completely different HTML depending on clients requests.

CodeIgniter is bare bones, actually I think it has few helpers / libraries too many in it's default installation, but it is very good at giving you absolute base minimum you need (routing, MVC, DB interactions) and rest of it you can implement exactly how you want, in a way that makes it easy for yourself to copy from one version to another.

I don't think CI is any slower than other frameworks, or but it this way, our portal for crowd-sourcing software testing is pretty popular and busy, we don't actually see any speed issues as of yet.

If anyone is interested in the tools itself, I might be releasing it to the public just for kicks and fame.

Messages In This Thread
What are the advantages of Codeigniter against frameworks as of zend, cakephp, and symphony? - by El Forum - 08-14-2013, 03:35 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB