Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
I just simply LOVE codeigniter

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
I just thought I would mention something that happened today.

For ages I have been using template engines and all manner of libraries to achieve modest templating needs. They were often obscure, slow and cumbersome with their own learning curves. Strange folder implementations and all sorts of weird stuff.

Today (and excuse me for being so stupid in the first place) I realized that there is absolutely no need whatsoever. Even without the parser library I can achieve all my goals with plain old views. Just today I realised (again excuse my stupidity) that all I need to do is chain together different views! Ta-Da... no more templating engines.

Why didn't I realise this before!

So I just wanted to share the fact that I love codeigniter and whatever I want to do with this amazingly flexible framework I can do easily, quickly and without any hassle whatsoever!

Codeigniter always seems to be a hundred steps in front of me! (Thank goodness).

Just wanted to share that.

Best wishes,

Paul.

[eluser]Pert[/eluser]
I'm glad you're enjoying it Paul. Working with something that doesn't inspire you is the worst time ever.

And I completely agree with your remark on templating engines, I don't like them either, pure PHP views work so well for what I am trying to do Smile

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB