Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Do change folder names inside the application dir

[eluser]v4et[/eluser]
mysite/code igniter/:
sys,app,files,readme,temp,tiny_mce
mysite/code igniter/app/:
config,controllers,css,errors,helpers,hooks,js,language,libraries,models,views

inside controllers bunch
What I need is setting all the routes related to my newcomer controller to be intact in functionality but ressolve with a diferent name on the browser bar,yes whichever that dont need to be a controller name but in this case I need it to be oldcomer thank you

[eluser]v4et[/eluser]
How you set all the working routes of a controller to resolve with whichever name (any)? e.g. briduncan234554

route[':any/:newcomer/signUp'] = 'briduncan234554';

could this work or
$route[':any/:newcomer/signUp'] = 'oldcomer';

[eluser]Tpojka[/eluser]
[quote author="v4et" date="1383182173"]How you set all the working routes of a controller to resolve with whichever name (any)? e.g. briduncan234554[/quote]

That is getting us back onto post no.4 in this topic.

Read again, that says:

Code:
route['your/url'] = 'controller/method';

in your case:

Code:
route['oldcomer/signup'] = 'newcomer/signup';

This is part that is confusing:

Quote:Since all functionality inside the newcomer folder or controller has turned in to oldcomer pages

Because it can lead us to thoughts thare is folders in controllers folder.

I am sorry but your questions are really hard to understand for me.
What is briduncan234554, where do you get it, can you post the code of that controller?

If you can't wrap exact structure of your files and folders (those that are affected with issue) in code tags,
I don't beleive anybody can help (post no.7).

[eluser]v4et[/eluser]
I said I tested that and didnt work,please remember is a new invention so stay if you can give me a notion for me to work at just throw codes and I will test it,it dont have to make sense to you since you are not the inventor,Im the one make things grab sense,thanks for your time you dont need to be acurrate please just throw codes that you think could work

[eluser]Tpojka[/eluser]
Sorry, that is not the way.

I really can't offer any help without seeing your code (properly formated here in post).

As @davidMC1982 pointed out, focus on routes.

Good luck.

[eluser]v4et[/eluser]
Please correct this anybody with righteous syntax

$route[’:any/:newcomer/signUp’] = ‘oldcomer’;

My intention is set all the working routes of a controller to resolve to any name that is not a controller

or could be also

$route[’:any/:newcomer’] = ‘oldcomer’;

maybe more acurrate please refix it

$route[’:any/newcomer’] = ‘oldcomer’;

can this work for this?

My intention is set all the working routes of a controller to resolve to any name that is not a controller

[eluser]Tpojka[/eluser]
How do you expect me or anybody help?

Can't you realize that nobody can offer no help without seeing full code you write so far
because it is pointless helping something that is not seen?

If you cant post controllers used, I wouldn't bet anybody could be able to help.

[eluser]v4et[/eluser]
You already told me men my ol men,thank you really by now Im in a stage where I just need help with the syntax on this little idea,I thaught you was already on ur bed counting sheeps

or could be also

can this work for this?

[eluser]Tpojka[/eluser]
Without the code - over my capabilities. Sorry.

Here is late, GN

[eluser]v4et[/eluser]

or could be also

can this work for this?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB