Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
A few very basic questions about getting started with CodeIgniter

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hi,

I've started learning CodeIgniter and tried following this article to see the very basics
http://www.revillweb.com/tutorials/codei...0-minutes/

It's supposed to be super basic - they create a few rows in DB and then create views, models, etc to show those DB rows based on ID. I am confused about a few things though and trying to figure out whether I am misunderstanding something or whether the author has mistakes in the articles.

My largest question is about UserFactory class. Is it correct to call is factory? My understanding is that factory is something like a wrapper class for, e.g., DB classes that are designed with mysql, mssql, etc.. So in this DB example there would be generic "empty" DB class that would load up a DB worker, e.g. mysql_worker and which would then provide all the required DB functionality. Wouldn't it be more correct to call UserCollection in the tutorial rather than UserFactory?

Second question is about the view. Is it the correct way views work in codeigniter? I.e. does it have a weak separation which allows and assumes use of PHP usage in the template?

P.S. Also if someone could throw at me some good tutorials at me, I'd appreciate it. Something like "build website that does something" which is quick enough to follow through within 1-2 days max.

Thanks!
Eugene

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB