Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
GD2/image_lib working on live website, but not on localhost (XAMPP)

[eluser]shadowmanwkp[/eluser]
[quote author="Flemming" date="1409596866"]but what is this referring to in your OP ?

Code:
Your server does not support the GD function required to process this type of image.

sorry, am not a XAMPP user so was just taking a stab in the dark! :-)
[/quote]

To me, that seems like a more generic error. Keep in mind that the image I'm using does not exist. If I did use a proper image, the browser would dump the error information into the image itself causing an error, with no way for me to read back the information I dumped.

[quote author="InsiteFX" date="1409608793"]Make sure you also have php5 imagemagick installed, not just GD2

For some reason they do not mention this.
[/quote]

Either I'm doing something wrong, or imagemagick refuses to work properly. I installed "ImageMagick-6.6.7-5-Q16-windows-dll.exe" on the computer and put the imagick dll in xampp's ext folder. After that I edited the php.ini to include php_imagick.dll, but it refuses to resize the image: the browser still shows dummy images. I uninstalled imagemagick and instead of choosing program files (x86)/imagemagick, I chose c:/imagemagick, but to no avail.

According to the phpinfo() at least imagick should work:

Code:
imagick

imagick module enabled
imagick module version  3.1.0
imagick classes  Imagick, ImagickDraw, ImagickPixel, ImagickPixelIterator
ImageMagick version  ImageMagick 6.6.7-5 2011-02-03 Q16 http://www.imagemagick.org
ImageMagick copyright  Copyright (C) 1999-2011 ImageMagick Studio LLC
ImageMagick release date  2011-02-03

However if I look at "environment" table of phpinfo(), it could be that it looks in the wrong folder, because the environment table contains both the old and the new path to imagemagick:

Code:
Environment

Path  C:\ImageMagick-6.6.7-Q16;C:\Program Files (x86)\ImageMagick-6.6.7-Q16;

Note: the imagemagick folder in program files does not exist anymore.

Messages In This Thread
GD2/image_lib working on live website, but not on localhost (XAMPP) - by El Forum - 09-03-2014, 01:24 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB