Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
MVC Based admin

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hi there,

I am newbie in codeigniter and in the MVC Model. I've been watching the video tutorials and reading the user guide so I know the basics.

Well, I would like to know how you develop a admin panel based on the MVC. I'm not looking for the code itself but the idea. That is, models, views and controllers you would create and the relation between then.

Thank you.

P.S: If my english is not correct or incomprehensible, I am sorry. I tried to do my best.

[eluser]Pascal Kriete[/eluser]
Your english is excellent Smile. The first question that comes to mind here is - what are you administering? Most of the time an admin panel is some pretty basic crud along with a login to keep it secure.

What you'll need as a barebone is a model for each database table that you want access to (keeping it simple, I know a lot of people here get quite intensive with their models). Then you will want a controller-function & view combination to access those model functions, but this should be grouped by category not db table. For example, for a blog you would have an entries table and a comments table - but you would put comments with the entries in the view, not on a seperate page. This totally depends on your data.

For something small such as a weblog you will probably be alright with one controller and a few functions. If you have more tables and complex relationships you may want to consider splitting it up on a controller level as well.

For the login you can just look around the forums, there are plenty of good solutions.

[eluser]Majd Taby[/eluser]
Hey, you might want to look at codeExtinguisher, it does what you want automatically w/o any configuration.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB