Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Enable database and CI stops

[eluser]SpooF[/eluser]
I recently setup a development server. I put the latest CI framework on it and everything worked out great. However, after I configured the database code igniter no longer worked. The server is running Apache 2.2.3 and MySQL 5.0.22. Any idea what would cause the loading of the database to stop CI? There are no errors so its rather difficult to give any more information.

[eluser]Michael Wales[/eluser]
You get just a blank page?

You have a syntax error in a file (more than likely database.php, since you say it happened after configuring your database).

[eluser]SpooF[/eluser]
Ya, its just a blank page, nothing in the source. I don't think its an error in the syntax because this is a fresh copy of the new release. I might try an older one, or download the new one again, just to make sure they're no corrupted files.

[eluser]SpooF[/eluser]
Well I found out the problem and I have no idea how it happened. I did some comparison of my shared hosting server configuration and my local server. It turns out I some how skipped the installation of php-mysql, so on my local server php has no idea that mysql was installed.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB