Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Problem with case sensitive in loading controllers

(06-10-2015, 03:45 AM)InsiteFX Wrote:
(06-10-2015, 01:34 AM)Narf Wrote:
(06-09-2015, 10:59 PM)InsiteFX Wrote: This is going to be a problem, CI should not care about the file name case but the class name case, almost all web hosting providers that run Linux servers require lower case file names.

Actually, CI cares about filename casing ... class names in PHP are not case-sensitive, no matter what OS it runs on.

Also, this is the first time I hear about a hosting provider requiring all-lower-case filenames, that's just batshit insane. I suspect some custom routes are the problem here.

@Narf

I have had to work on some client sites where the file names had to be all lower case or the site would not see the file name.

My web site does not care the case even on directories.

CI2 may want you to have some files in lower-case in some cases; CI3 requires class file names to be in Ucfirst. The hosting provider doesn't have control over this and even if it did - it would make no sense.

If it doesn't make a difference, then you're just running on a case-insensitive file system. That's the case on Windows, case-insensitive OSX (configurable during OS setup IIRC) or some weird Linux box that actually uses NTFS or something.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Problem with case sensitive in loading controllers - by Narf - 06-10-2015, 03:52 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB