Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Email Issue

Hi,

I Am working on Codeigniter Mail Function.Functionality is working,but problem is mails are going to spam folder.
message content also there is no spam content.

How can i resolve this problem ----

Thanks

There are a lot of different reasons mail can end up flagged as spam by software on a mail server or a mail client. In most cases, fixing this involves configuring MX records, checking various blacklists to make sure you are not on them (and appealing to them if you are), reviewing your content to ensure it isn't likely to be flagged as spam (in many cases a simple spelling and grammar check in the target language will help with this), and not sending email to massive numbers of recipients. In other words, very little that has anything to do with CodeIgniter.

If you know what software is flagging your email as spam, you may be able to find some information from that software's vendor regarding what they look for to determine whether a message is spam.

Another thing that helps is making sure your "from" header matches the actual domain that you're sending email from.

If the server is www.yourhost.com, and you send an email from it as "From: [email protected]", the domain names don't match and many ISPs will flag it as spam, or worse just not deliver it.

Personally, I'd use a 3rd party mailing service like sendgrid or something, where they take all of the complexity out of sending email and have a VERY high deliverability rate TO the inbox.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB