Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
overall code organization: helper, library, core, or model?

(01-02-2015, 10:04 PM)ivantcholakov Wrote: "2) A registry to store site-wide configuration values such as:" - this is where I started https://github.com/ericbarnes/ci-setting...ttings.php This library stores your settings within the database, storing and retrieval is by keywords.
Good stuff. And very similar to what I had in mind. I'd say more but feel this should be a separate topic.

(01-02-2015, 10:04 PM)ivantcholakov Wrote: I've got slightly different implementations, I don't need grouping of the settings, on the other hand, I need language-sensitive settings. You know where my repository is.
I also need language functionality. I'm thinking pretty differently about language constants (like an "are you sure?" prompt in five langages) versus Settings/Registry/Config settings (e.g., user key and secret key for a CDN or cloud gateway).

(01-02-2015, 10:04 PM)ivantcholakov Wrote: And within the administration panel user-interface for settings is to be created.
This model for settings that uses a database certainly lends itself well to this kind of convenient interface.

(01-02-2015, 10:04 PM)ivantcholakov Wrote: Before storing the email password, API keys and other security-sensitive data - encrypt them. On retrieval - decrypt them. Use a separate encryption key (not the default one) for this purpose.
If these values must be decrypted on the server, then the key to access them must also. I'm wondering why you recommend this? It would surely cause a performance penalty if commonly used values must be decrypted for each page access?

Messages In This Thread
RE: overall code organization: helper, library, core, or model? - by sneakyimp - 01-05-2015, 05:06 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB