Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
SimplyPost - Forum built on CI

[eluser]Pascal Kriete[/eluser]
I spent the morning hacking the core to get a modular layout and then spent the afternoon building a forum. It's very early alpha, but I want to get some feedback before I start to implement the little things.

Official blog entry is here. And the download is here.

[eluser]John Fuller[/eluser]
Nice. You should setup a demo though. I have not installed it, not enough time. Wink

[eluser]trumnation[/eluser]
I'm glad to see someone else on the forum bandwagon haha. I'm going to install the forum tonight and see how it goes.

@John: Poor college student === no webspace, but I'm working on it.

I'm swamped with large amounts of unforseen work right now, but I've uploaded a new version.

Things it didn't have last time:
0. A name
1. User registration
2. Timestamps - thread ordering by latest post
3. Basic backbone for user timezones
4. A stylesheet - still ugly, but better than nothing.
5. Login using e-mail instead of username

There is a password hashing function in the home controller, until I implement a 'change password' function.

I apologize for some of the junk in the assets folder of the first release, not to mention that I managed to leave out the CI License Confusedhut: .

Again there's a blog post for more details. Also, check out the included readme file for installation instructions.

[eluser]jbowman[/eluser]
http://mygdnews.com/

Default admin/admin password left. Mainly because there's no option to change it Wink It will stay up until it becomes a problem, or I have another need for the space it's hosted. I'm not volunteering any gauruntee on this hosting what so ever. So check it while you can.

Since it's opensource, you should consider using Google code to manage a svn for it and see if you can get contributors and maybe it will grow. Just a thought, since you said you didn't have a lot of time.

Thanks a ton for setting that up, jbowman.

Just got home, but I'll see what I can set up tomorrow - I agree that the google page doesn't make a great place for it.

Cheers.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB