Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
index file automatically downloaded in the time of codeigniter installation

When I trying to install a CodeIgniter project to a remote sever the index file in install folder automatically downloaded.. but there was no problem in local server. I can not solve the problem.. Please help me.. Please.

You need to explain your problem better - it is not clear what your question is.

(This post was last modified: 06-10-2016, 02:28 PM by ivantcholakov. Edit Reason: a clarification )

I assume you use Apache web server. Possible causes to what you see might be:

1. There is no PHP installed on Apache at all. Ask the maintainer whether there is PHP installed (edit: and running) or not.

2. There is PHP installed. If you can administer the remote server, check within the Apache configuration files what the directive DirectoryIndex contains. It should contain at least

Code:
DirectoryIndex index.php index.html

or more entries. Make sure that index.php entry is at the first place.

If you don't control the remote server then add the directive above within your local .htaccess file (which is at the same directory where the front-controller file index.php is). See what would happen.

For other web-server types there must be a similar setting, at least I remember something similar about IIS.

A second thought: Simply there is no running PHP. But after you got it, in addition check about DirectoryIndex too.

(06-10-2016, 10:04 AM)agnichakra Wrote: When I trying to install a CodeIgniter project to a remote sever the index file in install folder automatically downloaded.. but there was no problem in local server. I can not solve the problem.. Please help me.. Please.

I hope you have solved your problem. 
I try to add .htaccess in my server

Code:
DirectoryIndex index.php
RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond $1 !^(index\.php|images|css|js|robots\.txt|favicon\.ico)
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ ./index.php?/$1 [L,QSA]

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB