Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Sometimes WSOD in IE6 after refresh or walking through links

[eluser]tobben[/eluser]
I'm using compressed output. But not caching on admin-pages, since that causes problems with IE again (ofcourse).

I've used to "fix" the problem by redirect refresh instead of location, but there is probably a more effective solution.

It also happens sometimes by hitting the same href multiple times, fast. To do that on purpouse would probably be defined as insane behaviour, but still.

[eluser]xwero[/eluser]
JoseG : You need to add the fetched url segment in the routed url to the actual url
Code:
$route['patients/show/:any'] = "patients/show/$1";
There are some reports :any doesn't work returning the segment but then you have to do (:any) instead

[eluser]JoseG[/eluser]
xwero, thanks for the tip. Unfortunately it had no effect on the problem.

As tobben says it happens randomly even when no 'redirect' is involved. In my case this issue makes the app not usable under IE6.

I'm hosting the application on DreamHost. I'm going to setup a new CI install there and see if I can make a repro so you can test it live.

Thanks again for your help.

[eluser]JoseG[/eluser]
Ok, this is weird (at least for me as a newbie).

If I remove this line from the page header, the problem just disappears.

<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">

However I need that line to render Spanish characters.

Any thoughts on this?

[eluser]JoseG[/eluser]
Ok, seems that I've finally tracked down the problem.

As I stated in my previous post, if I remove the charset=UTF-8 meta tag from the header, links work as expected (always). So, after trying a bunch of impossible things, it turns out that my header.php file, even though it was encoded in UTF8, it had no signature. You know, the famous FF FE codes!

I don't know why this was causing so much trouble to IE6. Note that every other browser including IE7 had no problems with this.

Thank you very much for your support on this!

Regards,
Jose

[eluser]k-j-j[/eluser]
Hi everybody,
does anybody know why the redirect function

Code:
redirect ($url, 'location')

with $url as a url, not a uri
works on Firefox, but not on IE6;
and
Code:
header ("Location: $url")