Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Is there a plan to retain zip version download of codeigniter4 without composer ?
Information 
(This post was last modified: 11-23-2016, 02:19 AM by aventador.)

Iam a newbie , so pardon if  composer is "best" way to install "modern" php frameworks.

i prefer the zip file kind of codeigniter3 , django ( i know composer is no way related to django) way of downloading framework.

Whenever i dealt with composer i had horrible experience such as not able to download a specific version of laravel even though it is listed in packagist.

i had a specific case where i lost hours as composer could not download a specific version of laravel .

Is there a plan to retain zip version download of codeigniter4 without composer ?

I also need a input on whether not following "composer" way of install is a bad "practice" for php developers in future?

Yes, there will be a downloadable zip for CodeIgniter 4. There will also be a composer download.

Composer is being integrated in the sense of supporting the composer autoloaders mechanism, in addition to the CI4 loader and classmap.

Composer is one of the tools that should be in a developer's toolbox, IMHO. It doesn't solve all of your problems, but is very handy managing dependencies on other packages or components.

Thanks for giving choice for developers.

seems giving freedom to developers is priority in CI4 also, i read CI4 wont come with twig as default template as requested in a forum post.

Waiting for Codeigniter4. Smile

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB