Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Session randomly disappear

(01-16-2017, 05:01 PM)PaulD Wrote:
(01-16-2017, 03:14 PM)[email protected] Wrote: Well, the fact that we got 10 programmers here doesn't mean we got nothing to do everyday. We tend to be busy and constantly short on hands. If we can do it without making too many changes, it is a good thing right? What happened to a lazy programmer is a good programmer.

But there have been 'security' improvements, meaning your site is now insecure. Part of owning or managing a site is to keep your users secure. If your framework is out of date for security patches you are not providing the service your users expect. Even if you have a site without users, then you still have the problem that your webserver could be hijacked in some way.

Upgrading is usually relatively simple, except when there are BC breaking changes, which are well documented and again usually fairly easy to implement.

"What happened to a lazy programmer is a good programmer." - Really! Seriously? A lazy programmer should be fired. I want hard working, committed and serious programmers, not lazy, short cut taking, security careless, don't give a damn just cutting my workload programmers.

Sounds to me like your firefighting rather than fulfilling a planned pathway of development. Perhaps you could save money in the long run if you employed less lazy programmers and invested some time in planning your software development cycles (and stopped hacking away with a buggy unsupported version and instead took full advantage of all the improvements the hard work and commitment the CI team has done for you).

EDIT PS Narfs reply above arrived while I was writing this. And as always he makes a much better reply than I did.

lol, lazy programmer is good programmer is a saying, it came from the original author of Perl, Larry Wall, "...three great virtues of a programmer; Laziness, Impatience and Hubris".
This is going to go off topic but I understand all the salt from you guys as i was like that for quite a few years. Im all up for good practice and Im fully aware of what are the benefits Im losing by not upgrading it and I will take the consequences. Im just here to ask if there is a quick fix for it. I will be appreciated if there is one and someone can point it out for me instead of attacking my question.

Messages In This Thread
Session randomly disappear - by aaron_ - 01-16-2017, 12:09 AM
RE: Session randomly disappear - by Diederik - 01-16-2017, 01:52 AM
RE: Session randomly disappear - by aaron_ - 01-16-2017, 03:14 PM
RE: Session randomly disappear - by Narf - 01-16-2017, 02:40 AM
RE: Session randomly disappear - by aaron_ - 01-16-2017, 03:24 PM
RE: Session randomly disappear - by Narf - 01-16-2017, 04:55 PM
RE: Session randomly disappear - by aaron_ - 01-16-2017, 05:17 PM
RE: Session randomly disappear - by PaulD - 01-16-2017, 05:01 PM
RE: Session randomly disappear - by aaron_ - 01-16-2017, 05:42 PM
RE: Session randomly disappear - by Narf - 01-17-2017, 05:46 AM
RE: Session randomly disappear - by Diederik - 01-17-2017, 03:23 AM