Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
IE session problem

[eluser]tomodian[/eluser]
First of all, this post is not CodeIgniter problem, but I had problem with IE session in local XAMPP + CI 1.5.4 environment, and some people seems to be in same occasion, so I decided to post how I solved my problem.

My problem was, when using header('Location:') or redirect(), IE looses session variables, but Firefox and Opera works fine.

It was IE specification that if you include underscore '_' in your domain, IE cookie goes bad, and session also goes bad.

I was using 'localhost_whatever' domain, and when I change this into 'localhost-whatever', everything has gone well.

whatever.local_host.com or what_ever.localhost.com
is also bad.
you shouldn't use underscore in your domain.

[eluser]cloud226[/eluser]
THANKS HEAPS

that is the my problem!!

[eluser]Aljebrini[/eluser]
i have the same problem with CI 1.7.2, when i changed the session encoding to utf8_general_ci in the database, every thing works well Wink ..

thank you
I adore CodeIgniter .. Wink

[eluser]future987[/eluser]
I have a coldfusion application which uses session to store the logged on user-id (A database check is performed with the user-id /password entered on the login page and if successful, the user id is stored as session.userid). All the pages in the application check if the session is still valid and there is a userid defined and then display the logged on user id on the top of the page.

Now, the problem occurs when the user opens multiple windows (same browser) and logs on with different user-ids. suppose user opens IE1 and logs in with user1 and then IE2 and logs in with user2. Now, when he navigates to some other page within the application in IE1, user2 is displayed here as well.

thank you

BD
BD Forum
[url=http://www.2funbd.com/Blog]BD Blog[/url

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB