Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
starting a development with CI alpha.

Do you think guys CI4 is enough mature to start a project with a long time of dev. ?

Migrate from CI3 to CI4 seems to be complicated, i have to make a choice today. I start a new project (approx 18/24 months of dev...)

CI3 or CI4 ?

I think you should start with 3.1.10 version. It will be here for a long time after CI4 release, and is very stable; i believe that start a big project with an alpha version is a no no
Julio Vergara
Full Stack Developer

(This post was last modified: 02-19-2019, 09:45 AM by ciadmin.)

I would start a new projet with CI4 :-) It would be easier than looking at a conversion part-way through a project.
CI3 will be around for some time to come, but I expect CI4 to get more attention over the next few years, and it will be around for some time after that.

Disclaimer: I have a slight bias Undecided

ps - the next release should be the first beta.

(02-19-2019, 09:44 AM)ciadmin Wrote: Disclaimer: I have a slight bias Undecided

yeah i suspected that, But in fact, it's not a problem. You have a better vision about CI4 roadmap and you are best able to know than me Wink

(02-19-2019, 09:38 AM)clawhammer Wrote: I think you should start with 3.1.10 version. It will be here for a long time after CI4 release, and is very stable; i believe that start a big project with an alpha version is a no no

I know CI3 on my hands. i just want to know if it's a good idea to start today with CI4. New Job, New challenge, new Framework. Big Grin

But if the next release is a beta version, maybe a RC candidate will be available this year. maybe a first official realease who know ^^

So maybe i will wait the beta release to start with it.

What technologies (database, email, ...) or which libraries (RPC, REST, ...) are you hoping to have available for your project?
That could influence your decision.

(02-19-2019, 11:53 AM)ciadmin Wrote: What technologies (database, email, ...) or which libraries (RPC, REST, ...) are you hoping to have available for your project?
That could influence your decision.

Well,

i want to create a RESTfull API. so basically i will need working :

- REST routing
- Models / Entities.
- form_validation
- request & response
- controllers & routing.
- cache
- Image manipulation
- Security lib & Helper
- Number & date helper.

I don't need pagination, Honeypot, Curl lib, views ...

It definitely sounds to me like CI4 is a better fit for your project, especially with some of the changes coming in the next few weeks.

Ok, i will try it as soon as the first beta will come Smile

thx for the advise

(02-19-2019, 09:44 AM)ciadmin Wrote: I would start a new projet with CI4 :-) It would be easier than looking at a conversion part-way through a project.
CI3 will be around for some time to come, but I expect CI4 to get more attention over the next few years, and it will be around for some time after that.

Disclaimer: I have a slight bias Undecided

I would agree, I have a completed project already on ci4. I monitor changes to the framework itself. And by the way I did a little restructuring to suit my needs.

(02-21-2019, 12:11 PM)scalla Wrote: I would agree, I have a completed project already on ci4. I monitor changes to the framework itself. And  by the way I did a little restructuring to suit  my needs.

What kind of restructuring did you find necessary or useful? Inquiring minds want to know Undecided

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB