Code:
A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: 8192

Message: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated

Filename: libraries/Loader.php

Line Number: 414

Severity: Warning

Message: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at D:\xampp\htdocs\siran\system\application\libraries\Loader.php:414)

Filename: libraries/Session.php

Line Number: 662

[eluser]nomadcanuck[/eluser]
[quote author="meti" date="1293487689"]Hello
How do I fix this error?
i use xampp and BackendPro0.6.1.
Code:

Severity: 8192

Message: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated

Filename: libraries/Loader.php

Line Number: 414

Severity: Warning

Message: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at D:\xampp\htdocs\siran\system\application\libraries\Loader.php:414)

Filename: libraries/Session.php

Line Number: 662
[/quote]

Remove the ampersand following the equal sign, changing line 414 from PHP 4 object creation syntax
Code:
$CI->dbutil =& new $class();
to PHP 5.x corrected object creation syntax
Code:
$CI->dbutil = new $class();

See PHP.Net: References documentation for clarification.

[eluser]nomadcanuck[/eluser]
I just found Adam's link for patches to BackendPro 0.6.1 for use with PHP5 on his website:

http://www.kaydoo.co.uk/2010/04/patch-ba...with-php-5

However, fixes stated to be applied reference an incorrect file location, "library/Preference_form.php" is located in "modules/preferences/libraries", and I was unable to locate the file "access_control/resources.php".

A working online demo can be explored at http://www.kaydoo.co.uk/backendpro/index.php

[eluser]jon-[/eluser]
[quote author="nomadcanuck" date="1294683588"]I just found Adam's link for patches to BackendPro 0.6.1 for use with PHP5 on his website:

http://www.kaydoo.co.uk/2010/04/patch-ba...with-php-5

However, fixes stated to be applied reference an incorrect file location, "library/Preference_form.php" is located in "modules/preferences/libraries", and I was unable to locate the file "access_control/resources.php".
[/quote]

It's located in modules/auth/views/admin.

I just started with backendpro this morning and 6 hours later I have a pretty slick admin section underway. It takes a while to get your head around the concept but it's WELL worth it, excellent product Adam.

To those trying to install it with WAMP you'll run into all sorts of weird problems, especially if you're using aliases like I am.

Long story short, install it manually. It's really simple to work out and you learn a fair bit about the application while doing so.

[eluser]lakshmi_ci[/eluser]
Hi, I am looking to have this sort of access control: to allow a certain user group say, "ASR" ability to create other users, but only users in group "GSM".

Right now in Control Panel, if we allow a user access to resource Members, they can create any kind of user, even admin, which I want to prevent.

I see in the member form code that the group field is generated by call to buildAClDropdown('group', 'id') and have a general idea that that returns a formatted hierarchical list of groups. I guess there must be a way to filter out certain groups like 'Administrator', etc

What would be a good way to have this control?

Thanks.

[eluser]Basketcasesoftware[/eluser]
Backend Pro looks interesting to me since I am having to write a backend right now. But I'm using DataMapper, Ion Auth, and HMVC. I need to be able to manage not one, but multiple databases transparently. I don't know how MatchBox (book?) compares to HMVC. They both seem to use modular MVC.

[eluser]cechmaster[/eluser]
Could someone please elaborate on the installation process. The User Guide is very short and not helpful.
I am using CI 2.0.
How should I structure BeP? It seems like everyone does it differently.
Do I copy BeP into CI or CI into BeP?

When I installed it, and went to localhost/backend/index.php/admin, I kept receiving an error saying
"Fatal error: Class 'Admin_Controller' not found in C:\xampp\htdocs\backend\application\controllers\home.php on line 24"
The file Admin_controller.php is located in the libraries folder.

Thanks for any help.

Dave.

[eluser]lakshmi_ci[/eluser]
Just copy Bep on top of your CI installation. There are 4 folders in the Bep zip file - assets, install, modules, system and user_guide. Copy these into CI, so your CI folder will have new directories: assets, install and modules, and the Bep system folder will overwrite your CI system folder recursively, and same thing for Bep user_guide overwriting the CI user_guide folder. Hope that helps.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB