Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Controller within Controller Issue

(02-04-2015, 02:17 PM)rodolfomartinez Wrote:
(01-14-2015, 08:27 AM)sarciszewski Wrote:
Quote:In CodeIgniter 2.2.0 I was able to create a Controller object inside a Controller.

Yeah, don't do that. It's a really bad anti-pattern for a framework like CodeIgniter.

Instead, you may want to move the relevant code in the "recipient controller" into a model instead. There is a one-to-one relationship between an HTTP request and a controller, but a one-to-many between controllers and models.

This may change in future versions, but for 2.2 and 3.0-develop as currently implemented, that's how it is.

Hi I am working with Hideauze on this project. I understand where you are coming from, it's just that it worked in 2.2 and we really want to take advantage of what 3.0 has to offer.  

It looks like we've overcome most of these issues - the last thing we are having a problem with is wide Ajax calls.

We could leave our project in 2.2, but from a security and overall standpoint I'd really like to see this in 3.0.

I realize that HMVC isn't supported, but we've gotten it so close, that I'm wondering if any insights can be provided.

If anyone wants to take a stab at this, I'm glad to share some code.

You can always post in the "General Help" forum, just be more specific about it.

Messages In This Thread
Controller within Controller Issue - by Hideauze - 01-12-2015, 05:13 PM
RE: Controller within Controller Issue - by Narf - 02-04-2015, 05:47 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB