Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CI tutorials failed and code did not work - bad code or my setup?

[eluser]ICEcoffee[/eluser]
Hi all, I'm pulling my hair out here. I am trying to learn oop and MVC, and after much investigation, I believe CI is the right choice, but after following the tutorials/code examples, on the CI site (it's irrelevant at the moment which ones), I almost always have the code breaking. I obviously check to make sure there are no typos etc.

I want to ask (and I have search the forums on this), just to be absolutely clear, can I use CI on my XAMPP system that is configured with php5, as long as I code in php4 and not php5? will a php5 server render all php4 correctly?

It didn't cross my mind that Derek Jones' code was incorrect, and thought it was my testing environment. So I started to play around with the latest Zend Framework, but it's causing my brain to cramp. I can cope with PHP procedural, but I think I need an easy a path as possible to get up to speed with OOP and MVC frameworks.

If I can have a definitive answer like: "yes, you can use CI on a php5 server, as long as you code in PHP4 only, it will not be your environment to blame for a broken app", I'll continue to throw myself into CI.

Messages In This Thread
CI tutorials failed and code did not work - bad code or my setup? - by El Forum - 04-10-2008, 08:40 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB