Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
GET_LOCK and database sessions causing issues with AWS serverless database

Hi,

We look after a busy CodeIgniter site which is setup with autoscaling on AWS. Everything generally works great but we recently attempted to move to their new serverless database offering which would allow the database to scale in the same way as the webservers.

All seemed like it would work, however after going live the database wasn't able to scale because of locks on the database which weren't being released. We're using database sessions currently and I can see that this means GET_LOCK is called on page load, however I can't see where RELEASE_LOCK is being called and I wonder if this is why we're getting the database so 'locked up' ?

I've read online about how AJAX can cause issues with database sessions and locking, and this could be related, but I wonder if there's anything we can do about this as currently we're unable to switch to theĀ serverless database.

We could go back to sessions in files, but for other reasons database sessions are preferrable.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Tom

Messages In This Thread
GET_LOCK and database sessions causing issues with AWS serverless database - by tom18a - 01-15-2020, 03:18 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB