Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
How to run codeigniter4 in shared hosting ?

(03-25-2020, 12:00 PM)jreklund Wrote: Before this thread get's out of hand (with providing incorrect answers), what software does your hosting provider use for your shared hosting. Cpanel? Not pointing finger here, but some posts in this thread does not help @shahadathossain at all.

The content of /public should be in your shared hosting providers /public_html or sometimes named /public. Normally this are the directory your FTP-client automatically enters. This are the folder generally refereed to as document root / root directory.

Every folder and files not being inside /public should be placed one directory up. Normally you can press .. (folder named ..) in your FTP-client and in that folder you should place everything else (app, system, tests, writable etc).

CodeIgniter 4 have just been released, therefor there are no tutorial for everything. And shared hosting all differ so we can't give explanations on all hosting providers. With CI4 vs CI3 we have taken security one step further, as in CI3 index.php where alongside your application and system, meaning you could drop all those files directly when connecting with your FTP-client. But that's not the case anymore, as it's not a good practice considering the security issues that can occur.

Yes, my hosting provider is using Cpanel. I understand the security concern here. But the thing is, its actually a bit complex for a beginner to start with Codeigniter4 deployment to the live server where Codeigniter3 was super easy. So, now do I have to put the "public" folder contents to the "public_html" folder and keep other files/folders outside the public_html folder. Is that correct?

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to run codeigniter4 in shared hosting ? - by bitshifter - 03-24-2020, 03:55 PM
RE: How to run codeigniter4 in shared hosting ? - by shahadathossain - 03-25-2020, 12:49 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB