Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CodeIgniter project download from GitHub

Thanks for your reply.

Quote:If it's already an application made with CodeIgniter all you have to do is install the framework.

So even though the application was built with CodeIgniter, the framework isn’t built into it & still needs to be installed?

Quote:And it will download all dependencies (including CodeIgniter in vendor folder).

OK, so the framework is considered to be a dependency and no dependencies will be included in the GitHub code. I think it says on the Composer Installation page that the vendor folder is usually gitignored so that ties in.  I'm new to frameworks & dependency managers so trying understand how it all works...

Quote:The first link should be used if you start from scratch. If your project don't already depend on CodeIgniter.

I see, so the section Adding CodeIgniter4 to an Existing Project is for projects not built with CodeIgniter (please correct if not true).

Quote:And the second link are how to actually make an application, will only help if you want to extend the project you have downloaded from Github.

I do want to extend the project and have completed  the CodeIgniter first app tutorial. So that should help.

Many thanks again for your help!

Messages In This Thread
RE: CodeIgniter project download from GitHub - by jim1001 - 04-23-2020, 02:03 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB