Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Accessing a regular directory

[eluser]pgsjoe[/eluser]
Just finished building my first fully functional, correctly code CI site for a client. Put it up on their server and everything. Got all the javascript in place to rewrite it all. It's beautiful. But now, I have a problem.

They have a directory set up that they've been using as it's own site, we'll call it otherSite. So they want domain.com/otherSite to work. Which is a problem, since anything following domain.com/ references a controller.

Their whole otherSite is HTML based as well and the sub pages all reference back to index.html. So it's not like I can just drop it in the view folder and call that index.html file, it has to be a PHP file, right? Actually, maybe I'll try that first. Please hold.

Uhmm...all the sudden the site isn't loading. Don't know if it's because of that or not. But yeah, I set up a controller called otherSite that would redirect to that folder and have that folder placed in the root with the index.php. Problem being, when it redirects to that folder, it's still referencing otherSite as a controller. Solution, anyone?

[eluser]pgsjoe[/eluser]
Just had to make an adjustment in my .htaccess file. I got it. I had someone else set up the .htaccess file for me. Hence me not knowing how to handle it. But looked at the file and saw what needed to be done. I'm cool now!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB