Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CodeIgniter v4.0.4 released

Hey all - thanks to huge help from the community I'm happy to announce the release of version 4.0.4.

There are a quite a number of bug-fixes as people use the framework more. Along with that there's a pretty long list of enhancements (see changelog).

In particular, though, I'm really proud to see new testing capabilities made available to you with Fabricators added to allow easily generating sample data for your Models while testing. Also a number of things streamlined within Feature testing. Thanks to MGatner for those updates.

There's a new command() helper that will let you call any CLI commands within your code. This can be useful for testing and for use within cron jobs.

A new command, cache:clear allows you to purge your cache storage from the cli.

The image library now supports webp images, thanks to nicojmb and michalsn.

Testing of the framework has increased, mostly due to the diligent efforts of samsonasik.

Devorama has added field type and length to the database method getFieldData across all supported databases.

And much more!

This could never have happened without the combined effort of all of the volunteers that pour their time, energy, and passion into this project, especially michalsn, MGatner, samsonasik, paulbalandan. And also to jreklund, InsiteFX, and others for all of the time spent helping out on the forums.

---

What's in the future?

We have a date for 4.1 - November 1st. That coincides with PHP 7.2 becoming EOL, so we will switch the minimum supported PHP version to 7.3.

We hope to have MSSQL and Oracle database drivers fixed up by then, which I know are huge things for a number of people.

And more, of course.

Welcome abroad 4.0.4

(This post was last modified: 07-15-2020, 11:04 PM by John_Betong.)

@kilishan,

Congratulations on another milestone. 

I must admit I was apprehensive concerning the version number Smile

I am also delighted to say that there were no errors or warnings when updating the latest version to conform to the latest PHP Strict Standards.

Run into problem upgrading to version 4.0.4 from version 4.0.3

https://forum.codeigniter.com/thread-77056.html

Nice one and thanks for devotion. Codeigniter must long live. Others like Symfony, Laravel are strong though but eveything goes around behind the scenes. I love CI.

Great news! Awesome work.
Website: marcomonteiro.net  | Blog: blog.marcomonteiro.net | Twitter: @marcogmonteiro | TILThings: tilthings.com

Thank you, Development Team.
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

Thank's CI team!!! Great work!!!

YESSS! Thank you CI team. P.S. So happy to see my tiny contribution made it in (Unicode characters are not escaped when saving JSON from Entities.) - P.P.S. not bragging, just genuinely awesome to see a tool made by-for the people to grow and develop.
You can see things I made with codeigniter here: itart.pro its not overly impressive as I have very little time to learn.

Thanks for the work Lonnie! (And the shout-out)

Module plug - if you want help updating your application try Patches. It will integrate framework changes into app, public, etc, and assist with detecting any merge issues that you need to deal with:
https://github.com/tattersoftware/codeigniter4-patches

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB