Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Release of CI 3.2 ?

I notice on the GitHub repo the current stable version is 3.1.11, but there have been various changes up to version 3.2.0 which hasn't been released yet.  I wondered if 3.2.0 will be released at some point in the future and when this might be?  Just curious is all :-)

Same question... is it a possibility that version 3.2 will be released or development of CI3 is finally finished?

(02-01-2021, 01:52 AM)shuwar Wrote: Same question... is it a possibility that version 3.2 will be released or development of CI3 is finally finished?

Well Narfbg merged some pull requests 28 days ago.  And people are still making pull requests now.

We have a few apps developed in CI3 which still work beautifully.  Re-developing them in CI4 or alternatives just seems like a huge waste of time all for the sake of using "the latest and greatest".  I'm really hoping CodeIgniter 3 survives for a few more years, and gets PHP 8 support.

for sake of god move to ci4
ci3 is dead you can not builder modern app with ci 3
Enlightenment  Is  Freedom

I doubt many people are wanting to build a modern app with CI3 now that we have CI4 and "other" alternatives.

But there are going to be many legacy apps built in CI3 which still work perfectly well and achieve their purpose. Let's say you have 20 projects built with CI3. How are you going to convince every client to go through the huge process of having them completely re-written in CI4? And those CI3 apps might not be that old, given that CI4 is pretty new. And even if you did convince all 20 clients to have their apps completely re-written, what do they gain at the end of it? Not a great deal I would say. So this is why people would like to see CI3 still maintained and supported.

(02-02-2021, 08:58 AM)CINewb Wrote: I doubt many people are wanting to build a modern app with CI3 now that we have CI4 and "other" alternatives.

But there are going to be many legacy apps built in CI3 which still work perfectly well and achieve their purpose.  Let's say you have 20 projects built with CI3.  How are you going to convince every client to go through the huge process of having them completely re-written in CI4?  And those CI3 apps might not be that old, given that CI4 is pretty new.  And even if you did convince all 20 clients to have their apps completely re-written, what do they gain at the end of it?  Not a great deal I would say.  So this is why people would like to see CI3 still maintained and supported.

I agree, there are many projects done in CI3, which does not compensate for a migration, it would be great to have maintenance in CI3

That's right. I think CI3 is still good for example because of stability.

I am upgrading one of my project from CI3 to 4 and I have found some problems / not correct implementation in the framework.
I think CI4 still need some time to be much more stable/experienced.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB