Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Setting Up CodeIgniter in Eclipse

Hey all,

I'm trying to get started with CI but it doesn't seem compatible with Eclipse.

I used the composer command from the tutorial

Quote:composer create-project codeigniter4/appstarter ci-news

and then created a new Eclipse project from my ci-news folder, but this gives me 200 errors. The first few for example are:

Quote:Description Resource Path Location Type
\Doctrine\Common\Persistence\ObjectRepository cannot be resolved to a type EntityPopulator.php /ci-news/vendor/fzaninotto/faker/src/Faker/ORM/Doctrine line 236 PHP Problem
\pcov cannot be resolved to a type PCOV.php /ci-news/vendor/phpunit/php-code-coverage/src/Driver line 38 PHP Problem
\PHPUnit_Framework_MockObject_MockObject cannot be resolved to a type AbstractVersionConstraintTest.php /ci-news/vendor/phar-io/version/tests/Unit line 20 PHP Problem
\PHPUnit_Framework_MockObject_MockObject cannot be resolved to a type ExtensionTest.php /ci-news/vendor/phar-io/manifest/tests/values line 33 PHP Problem
\Predis\Client cannot be resolved to a type PredisHandler.php /ci-news/vendor/codeigniter4/framework/system/Cache/Handlers line 73 PHP Problem
14 cannot be resolved to a type Company.php /ci-news/vendor/fzaninotto/faker/src/Faker/Provider/pl_PL line 59 PHP Problem
amount cannot be resolved to a type FileContent.php /ci-news/vendor/mikey179/vfsstream/src/main/php/org/bovigo/vfs/content line 60 PHP Problem
amount cannot be resolved to a type SeekableFileContent.php /ci-news/vendor/mikey179/vfsstream/src/main/php/org/bovigo/vfs/content line 94 PHP Problem
amount cannot be resolved to a type vfsStreamFile.php /ci-news/vendor/mikey179/vfsstream/src/main/php/org/bovigo/vfs line 192 PHP Problem

What should I do here?

the only thing i might suggest is applying lateral thinking . basically all you need to do development of CI4 is to use a web server on localhost and a text editor . All errors come up ,so you can study and fix it. I did once use eclipse from memory to do with Java (Java Server Pages JSP and Netbeans )

Are you on Linux or Windows ?

(10-20-2020, 07:12 AM)swissdusty Wrote: I'm trying to get started with CI but it doesn't seem compatible with Eclipse.

CI is just a bunch of PHP files. How can it be not compatible with Eclipse? I used Eclipse with CI since forever and never had a problem. I only import my project and CI in my workspace. Maybe you shouldn’t include all those modules in your Eclipse project. But if you do, why does it matter if it reports errors in third party code?
CodeIgniter 4 tutorials (EN/FR) - https://includebeer.com
/*** NO support in private message - Use the forum! ***/

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB