Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
How to attach a file without the user being able to explore all files?

(05-05-2021, 12:09 PM)InsiteFX Wrote: This may give you some insight to what you want to do.

Implementing PHP File Upload Security

Thanks InsiteFX Ive recorded Implementing PHP File Upload Security for a later time in our project.

I now realize I wasnt thinking logically when I wrote the question. I am still in localhost in which case the website computer & the user computer/device is the same thing, whereas in reality they are different. Im trying to achieve the user being able to attach an advert file to a category file in the website computer & we dont want the user to have access to any files other than his/her own advert files, from which he/she should be able to select the file/advert of choice. When a user creates an advert it is stored into this type example folder - Adverts/user/drinks/coke.php - And we only want the user to have access to - Adverts/user/.. - nothing else.

We have categories similar to - Afghanistan/drinks - And would like a user to be able to attach a file/advert into a category file, which would be by the fwrite process sending the selected link such as - Adverts/user/drinks/coke.php

The HTML input type="file" now appears to be for only attaching a file from the users device to the website computer & not appropriate for our current exercise.

@InsiteFX do you know how I can get a user to attach a file in the website computer to another file in the website computer, & in PHP backend so that the function can not be hacked?

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to attach a file without the user being able to explore all files? - by christaliise - 05-06-2021, 01:26 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB