Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Codeigniter project breaks with PHP 8

Hello,
I have developed a project with Xampp and PHP 7.2. I have updated to PHP 8 and the project broke. Meaning that I get a 404 error. If I toggle across PHP versions I see that up until PHP 7.4.20 everything is fine. But as soon as I switch to PHP 8 (8.0.7 to be precise) everything breks since CI is not able to access any page anymore. I only see my custom-made 404 page. Has anyone experienced this problem? If so, how to solve it? Thanks

Download newest version of ci4 its support php 8.tooooo
Enlightenment  Is  Freedom

(This post was last modified: 06-24-2021, 12:42 PM by superior.)

Using PHP 8.0.7 and CodeIgniter 4.1.3, it's working without any issues on my side?

Like wise works fine on my end also.
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

(This post was last modified: 06-25-2021, 01:04 AM by AndreaL.)

ok, I will update my CI4 version then. Thanks for the feedback guys

Hello, sorry to bother again. I was reading the documentation to update from version 4.0.4 (the one I have) to the latest one but am a bit confused on how it should be done (never upgraded versions before). Can you please help on the steps needed to upgrade? In the documentation they describe many changes but would not know how to implement them manually. Or should I just reinstall CI4 from scratch? Thanks

(06-25-2021, 12:05 AM)AndreaL Wrote: ok, I will update my CI4 version then. Thanks for the feedback guys

Hello, sorry to bother again. I was reading the documentation to update from version 4.0.4 (the one I have) to the latest one but am a bit confused on how it should be done (never upgraded versions before). Can you please help on the steps needed to upgrade? In the documentation they describe many changes but would not know how to implement them manually. Or should I just reinstall CI4 from scratch? Thanks

Basically, copy the changes from /vendor/codeigniter4/ to your project while keeping your own changes intact. The upgrade documentation should list the files that have been changed.

(06-25-2021, 01:23 AM)berendbotje91 Wrote:
(06-25-2021, 12:05 AM)AndreaL Wrote: ok, I will update my CI4 version then. Thanks for the feedback guys

Basically, copy the changes from /vendor/codeigniter4/ to your project while keeping your own changes intact. The upgrade documentation should list the files that have been changed.

Thanks for the reply but what do you mean "copy the changes from /vendor/codeigniter4/"? Where do I get these changes from? Thanks for whatever help you can get

codeigniter 4.0.5 and above support PHP8.

He also needs to copy the app folder because a lot of changes where made to that also.
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

@AndreaL be sure that you read the general upgrade instructions before you dive into the “Upgrade from 4.x to 4.y”. These instructions are specific to your installation method so can be found on each of those pages. I.e. for Composer installations: https://codeigniter.com/user_guide/insta...#upgrading

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB