Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
I transfered a live site to a localhost and I am getting errors

(This post was last modified: 09-27-2021, 05:54 AM by jstn21.)

Hi,
I transferred a running live site to the localhost by these steps and I am getting errors (note: I'm not the one who made this site).

steps:
1. I moved the files to htdocs and ran xampp
2. imported database and changed the database.php in the config

Now I'm getting errors in the localhost like
1. Message: ini_set(): A session is active. You cannot change the session module's ini settings at this time
Filename: Session/Session_driver.php

2. Message: session_write_close(): Failed to write session data using user defined save handler. (session.save_path: C:\xampp\tmp)
Filename: Unknown

3. Message: Call to a member function row() on bool
Filename: C:\xampp\htdocs\realnrare\application\models\General.php

- for this one, I var_dumped the query result and it returned bool(false)

- the php version in live is 7.3.29 while the one in the localhost is 7.3.30
I had codeigniter experience but it was long time ago. I'd appreciate any help! Thank you.

Hi.
What is the version of CI you are running in this project?
By knowing that, take a look at the basic config file where we define the base url and session paths.

(09-27-2021, 05:45 AM)jstn21 Wrote: 2. Message: session_write_close(): Failed to write session data using user defined save handler. (session.save_path: C:\xampp\tmp)
Filename: Unknown

Make sure that the session save path exists and PHP can write in it.

Check the php.ini of your live site. It seems session.auto_start is turned on

You can also get all the php information by running this, (DO NOT LEAVE ON LIVE SERVER!).
PHP Code:
<?php

// Show all information, defaults to INFO_ALL
phpinfo(); 
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

(This post was last modified: 07-11-2022, 10:37 PM by EdwardOkduduMari.)

These just look like warnings, which can be safely turned off. Just add error_reporting(0); to your index.php file.
Is the url the same as in localhost echat? If you're using an invalid url (no protocol added) this might cause an issue. Also check is you didn't pass any invalid entries in echatrandom your header.

(This post was last modified: 08-17-2022, 02:50 AM by SalinaSJames.)

when I change "wp_option" path with live domain in SQL. some pages opening really good but some pages are sitll opening in localhost & stll problem with the background images. When I change the path of entire SQL with live domain it does only show header not even dropdowns & content are totally disappear. What to do please revert. Thanks a lot for your attention. Hello Yogesh sir, I am getting these error as omegle shagle I mentioned above.

(This post was last modified: 12-01-2023, 04:53 AM by Sadie.)

5 Methods to Solve the Localhost Refused to Connect Error
  1. Temporarily Disable Your Firewall. A firewall is a security system that monitors and filters your traffic, blocking potential threats. ...
  2. Flush Your DNS.
  3. Connect with Specified Port.
  4. Ensure Apache Is Running. 
  5. Go Through Browser Settings.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB