Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Question about Querys

[eluser]reset[/eluser]
Hello,

What's the best option when you want to run a query? "Active Record" or "Running Queries manually"?

I think sometimes Active Record is a bit tedious, and spends more resources that the other option.

Thanks
Reset

[eluser]Hermawan Haryanto[/eluser]
I have no idea what the answer will be actually coz I always use CI's Active Record since the start of my experience using CI. Why would I do that? It's simple answer tho, and yet maybe a naif one you might say. It's because CI's Active Record is giving me stability and I won't need to worry about SQL language at all when I'm changing/switching among databases (MySQL and PostgreSQL).

So, I think you should try it your self and get your feet wet a little bit here and there. Oh btw, on the CI 1.6.1, the Active Record is growing and more mature. You gotta give it a shot man.

Cheers,

Hermawan Haryanto

[eluser]reset[/eluser]
Thanks Hermawan Haryanto ,

I didn't remember why I use Active Record, sorry. The reason is that you say, the possibility of running our CI application with all Databases supported by Active Record.

Thanks

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
I think we should know the basic structure of SQL. Sometime you have to do more complex query for your program. So it will be good to practice varity of queries. Then you can use "Active Record". It really helps you a lot to minimize your code. But I always like to know the "Core" then use the "short cut".
Adioz...... ;-)

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB