Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
IgnitedCMS - Free supercharged CMS

Morning all,

-Added barebones unit testing as per CI3 user guide
-Looking to validate matrix creation today, but basic flow worked out, so IGS_utitlity model for array, json manipulation, and validation (unit test ready)
-Thinking about re-engineering portlet implementation with vue and sortable/draggable but might postpone due to MVP deadlines
-Need to add more documentation and examples on landing pages, eventually run it through google lighthouse for a quick pass.
-Final amends to Matrix entry to be completed over next few days
-Enhanced documentation on custom builds/modules with the engine

Thanks for watching Smile
Practical guide to IgnitedCMS - Book coming soon, www.ignitedcms.com

(This post was last modified: 04-05-2022, 02:45 PM by ignitedcms.)

Evening all some progress updates:

-Matrix validation working with dynamic forms and json
-Check valid name is_unique to table and required
-Dropdowns pass in variations (Check unique and valid)
-Matrix blocks check no conflicts Igs_utils model
-Asset uploads check valid no duplicates, and eventually cross check against available mime types

-Finally check if on entry marries up with new changes, and keep naming consistent in backend entry creation and input

Tomorrow,
Carefully think how to handle full matrix validation in input, allowing error feedback to be under post input fields, arrays can get massive so need a robust plan there.

Backlog (After MVP)
-Look into implementing restful API (possibly look at Phil Sturgeon's work and forks)
-Look into implementing IP throttling with simple data pattern
-Look into basic Scheduler
-Get Sendgrid email API as google SMTP is insanely tricky to set up now, possibly look at single signs ons
-Get Paypal gateway working, first IPN, maybe the RESTful version, Stripe in time
-Think about content searching and display

Thanks for watching

CMS is a great idea and it looks like you took the concept to a deeper level than i ever did; but one quick question where is the code on the basis of being "free source" and on which site is the version control of the code being hosted ?

Sites such as sourceforge can be leveraged to help obtain data and get some basic analysis. For instance, in my form of the CMS it was downloaded to about 15 different countries. There was an initial surge in download ; the fact that it was downloaded all over the world shows that there is an appetite for a CMS . In my case the CMS is pretty much dead , the reason probably being the expectation of what i could deliver was less than required both in terms of functionality and probably code quality.

So in summary a CMS is one helpful way to go with CI4 but ideally code should be a on version control site where others can fork; is this the case with yours ?

(This post was last modified: 04-06-2022, 11:24 AM by ignitedcms.)

(04-06-2022, 01:37 AM)captain-sensible Wrote: CMS is a great idea and it looks like you took the concept to a deeper level than i ever did; but one quick question where is the code on  the basis of being "free source" and on which  site is the version control of the code being hosted ?

Sites such as sourceforge can be leveraged to help obtain data and get some basic analysis. For instance,  in my form of the CMS it was downloaded  to about 15 different countries. There was an initial surge in download ; the fact that it was downloaded all over the world shows that there is an appetite for a CMS . In my case the CMS is pretty much dead , the reason probably being the expectation of what i could deliver was less than required both in terms of functionality  and probably code quality.

So in summary a CMS is one helpful way to go with CI4 but ideally code should be a on version control site where others can fork; is this the case with yours ?

Thanks, as soon as I have an MVP ready I'll be able to answer those questions.

Few more updates
-Pretty much matrix creation validation has been completed (just need to do lots of trial testing to iron out any potential bugs)
-Need to fix matrix upload new asset (pass in fieldName) few minor tweaks on the UX.

Tomorrow
-Freeze branch, create a new matrix-entry-validation branch for final sprint. Then an MVP will be ready, so I can concentrate somewhat on the minor issues, like website documentation, as you can never get enough documentation and examples, and then tidy the codebase on the fly.

(This post was last modified: 04-07-2022, 09:17 PM by ignitedcms.)

Morning everyone,

So I've pretty much reached a point where the core tenets of the engine have been finalised, now I'd like to allocate some time on the front facing website, and updating the documentation. The irony is, since uploading the site using the engine, so much has changed and improved in that short space of time, but I don't feel repopulating all the content is worth it at present on the new engine. Plan is to conduct a few more unit tests on the core models, and further tidying up of the codebase.

Todo list
- Add backlog / Selected for development portlets on front facing website
- Change licensing to reflect MIT, that was the plan, that's the promise (the T&C are confusing at present)
- Battle test wherever possible, unsure how to unit test form inputs across multiple select options / text inputs, I'm sure there must be a way, but I could only conclude the number of possibilities to test would increase factorially.
-Considering commissioning an explainer video for marketing but could end up being pricey.
-Need to be careful how I present this. It goes pretty much against the grain of what everyone is USED to when it comes to composer and OOP design patterns.
-Twitter account needs setting up, also considering asking the question, 'what problem does this solve?' how does this help the regular developer tasked by their PMs to make simple websites, e-commerce sites, or fast customer portals — the engine does this of course, but how I present this will be key, what separates this from Laravel nova?

Backlog
-Quickly implement chunked uploads
-Introduce new section types - 'trees' which is for storing hierarchical data like unordered lists, having the ability to inject 'matrix' rich content into the nodes.
-Front facing form collection and validation - atm it is all backend.
-Pluck out restful implementation, basic scheduler, paypal and stripe.
-Logical conditions for entry types (this is a huge job would likely require re-engineering the core)
-More fine grained user access control

Thanks for watching

(This post was last modified: 04-09-2022, 01:31 AM by ignitedcms.)

Morning all.

-Completed a bare bones 'trees' section type (without matrix rich context though). Considering re-evaluating how this structure is to be saved. At present using a parent child leaf relationship and using recursion to build out the structure. Evidently it might just be easier to store this as JSON such as 'jsnestable'

Final Objectives

-Start filling landing pages with content and examples, get search facility working (scrapped the idea of using algolia)
-Work on an explainer video. First thoughts all ballpark quotes were too high, so may have to create something with a combination of 'rive.app' and Da vinci Resolve. Something similar to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bknuFCQn4Y
I have allocated a budget for a professional voice over, from places like voices.com or fiverr.
-Will add three sections to the news archive.
-Went against the idea of having a 'selected for development portlet' and instead just using an unordered list for 'Roadmap'
https://www.ignitedcms.com/Roadmap

Planning to work somewhat over the weekend, but not too much.

Once again thanks for watching and enjoy your weekends Smile

Morning all,

-Added the basic scaffolding to the blog section, although to be fair, the content needs rewriting. https://www.ignitedcms.com/blog
-Fortunately I intend to use the vector art for a one minute primer video, so after I've written a script it is into unity for 2D animation and Da vinci resolve for execution, explainer videos on a shoestring budget.
-Final clean up passes of the code base and a big push to finish off the documentation including a small walk through on building a site, and a simple customer portal, detailing why this is a breeze to setup and micro manage for the majority of sites you could hope to build.

Thanks for watching.

(This post was last modified: 04-11-2022, 05:46 AM by ignitedcms.)

We've just shipped our first version of the 'matrix' fieldtype Smile

This allows you to intuitively populate streamed content in your backend, saving and validating all the POST input fields on the fly via JSON and vue which makes a round trip to the server, with the ability to easily reorder content by drag and drop.

https://www.ignitedcms.com/playground/matrix-fields

(This post was last modified: 04-12-2022, 11:37 PM by ignitedcms.)

Morning all,

Just implemented our first working prototype of the 'Trees' section type, which leverages nestablejs and vue in tandem. This implementation is a much more improved version of the parent / leaf children recursive version and scales much better. You can have as many 'tree' types as you need and eventually be able to hook into matrix rich content.

Trees - are useful for creating structured content, perfect for building menus, and sub menus quickly and painlessly as unordered lists.

https://www.ignitedcms.com/playground/trees

PHP Code:
Function:get_menu($ulClass,$liClass)
Parameters:

$ulClass - (string) - e."sm-test"

$liClass - (string) - e."fl-test"
Returns:

Full menu div
Return type:

String 

Thanks for watching.

One more quick note for the day.

Way into the future, but I've additionally added a socket implementation to the Roadmap, as I have still to implement a working REST api yet.
http://socketo.me/

Need to finalise the explainer video today, so grabbing a coffee and logging off Smile

(This post was last modified: 04-12-2022, 10:42 PM by ignitedcms.)

Morning all,

Just finalising bits to do with boiler plate generating full crud controller models and view with automatically permission controls in system, previously it was done via a plugin module, now it is going to done via dbforge with a user friendly GUI.

-Various bug fixes and code refactoring completed

Wrote a first draft of my video primer, but IMO still needs to be shortened.

PHP Code:
/*
|---------------------------------------------------------------
| Basic explainer demo text
*/

/*
| Premise to create a simple 1 min primer for using IgnitedCMS
*/

-Meet bob
-Bob is a full stack web developer
-Bob is frustrated
-Maybe youve been in Bobs position before?
-
Bob has tried the Javascript ecosystemnode npmreact angular
 state management
nextjsnuxtjs...
-
Bob was smartBob quickly decided to ditch using the javascript
 ecosystem

-
Instead Bob decided to choose PHP because everything was in one place

and it was super simple to setupSoon Bob picked up a PHP MVC framework
 to help organise his workflow

-
But soon Bob found out PHP wasnt so dis-similar to the javascript ecosystem,

command line tools to do everythingOOPfactory patternsservicesdependency injection...

Then the front endchoosing between various template engines, and css frameworks like tailwind...

-
Bob again was frustrated.

-
Bob just wants to build a websitemaybe even a shop that accepts the popular payment gateways. Or maybe
 even a small customer portal with all the tooling out of the box
, and ready to go.

-
Bob thinks what we have now is crazy and confusing.

-
When Bob found IgnitedcmsBob was delighted.

-
It was a one click installno dependencies, or having to write confusing command line texts, and best of allall
  of the tooling out of the box
with a simplified PHP language that was simple and easy to understand.

-
Out of the box login authentication
-Point and click user permissions control
-Drag and drop page content builders
-Payment gateway support
-Even a quick way to generate his own unique customer portals
 using his existing MVC knowledge

-Bob uses Ignitedcms to build and ship his web apps fasterBob makes his Project Manager happy by shipping enterprise
 software on budget 
and on time.

-
Be smartBe like Bob

https://breadnbeyond.com/explainer-video...heatsheet/

Thanks for watching

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB