Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Server updates coming soon

Just wanted to know that there might be some small outages over the next week or so as we migrate to a new server.

I did a test run with getting the forums migrated tonight and it all looks good so I plan on migrating the forums to the new server tomorrow night, around 10:00pm Central Time.

@MGatner is working on the final piece to have the CI4 user guide automatically deployed when changes are made and will have that wrapped up this week. There's one small thing I need to check into with the auto-deploy of our website. I plan to work through that over the next few days, and then will switch that over.

This does a couple of things for us:

1) Gets us on cheaper, more manageable hosting than what it has been on
2) Cleans up the server - the old one was honestly a bit of a mess and difficult to see what could stay and what should go
3) And most important - gets us to a place where the website, the framework, and the userguide are all automatically deployed, making it simpler to have more contributors and more frequent updates, where it does require MGatner or myself to carve out time to handle the deploy and the inevitable issues.

I will keep you posted as these updates are done.

Thank you @kilishan for this update.
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )
Heart 

Thank for that great information
Codeigniter First, Codeigniter Then You!!
yekrinaDigitals

Thank you all for the work. By the way, who covers the server costs?

Awesome news! Thanks for all that you do @kilishan & @MGatner

(03-23-2022, 01:46 AM)demyr Wrote: Thank you all for the work. By the way, who covers the server costs?

Jim did when he was alive. I paid for them the first 6 months or so after he passed away, and now the ads on the user guide cover the costs.

(03-23-2022, 06:59 AM)kilishan Wrote: Jim did when he was alive. I paid for them the first 6 months or so after he passed away, and now the ads on the user guide cover the costs.

God. There is only one small banner at the bottom left. Is it enough for the expenses or should we do something else to support the financial situation?

It's currently more than adequate and there's enough built up since we started to keep us going for a while should it stop suddenly.

Hey gang - after some head scratching on why the site was transferring correctly only to realize it was an SSL setting, I think we're back up, running on the new servers. Everything seems snappy for me. If you find anything that seems out of place, please let me know.

@kilishan , so far so good no problems here.
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB