Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CI3 num_rows on CI4

There is indeed something wrong. After following the instructions in the manual, https://www.codeigniter.com/user_guide/d...sults.html, code below, the following error message is sent:
"Undefined property: CodeIgniter\Database\MySQLi\Result::$getRow"
PHP Code:
$id 123;
    $query $db->table('names')
    -> where('id'$id)
    -> get();

$row $query->getRow;

if (isset($row)) {
        echo $row->name;

CodeIgniter Version: 4.1.9
If plan A fails, relax... the alphabet is 26 letters

I believe you forgot the parenthesis on the getRow() statement.

From what I can understand the OP isn't complaining that it isn't working. He's complaining his Visual Code editor is highlighting it as an error, which is why I asked if he has the relevant extensions installed for CI4. I haven't checked though. to be honest.
Practical guide to IgnitedCMS - Book coming soon, www.ignitedcms.com

I apologize, I didn't notice the lack of parentheses, after the change it worked without problems.
If plan A fails, relax... the alphabet is 26 letters

(03-30-2022, 10:50 AM)ignitedcms Wrote: I believe you forgot the parenthesis on the getRow() statement.

From what I can understand the OP isn't complaining that it isn't working. He's complaining his Visual Code editor is highlighting it as an error, which is why I asked if he has the relevant extensions installed for CI4. I haven't checked though. to be honest.
I do not have dedicated extensions for CI4, for php I only have intelephense, I have to do some tests, but I think the problem lies in the order in which the code in the method is executed, in my specific case the code is more complex than the example I have posted, because I was trying to figure out which was the real replacement for the nums_rows function because in various other posts different things are listed and I had created a lot of confusion

Ok, i took a test

PHP Code:
$query $this->db->table('table')
            ->select('field')
            ->where('id_record'$id)
            ->limit(1)
            ->get();

$result $query->getRow();

$rows $query->getNumRows(); 

So everything works, but VS Code with php intelephense extension, report error on getNumRows() -> undefined method, I don't know why but if it happens to someone else the problem is here

I tested this in Visual Studio Code too where I have installed the 'Intelephense' extension as part of the 'Codeigniter 4 Extension Pack' by Rade Reksi Susanto.
Code:
$rows = $query->getNumRows(); 

is indeed marked as an error, which probably means that Inteliphense doesn't know the method. You shoud report it as an issue on the developers Github.

With PhpStorm, there is no problem. It seems a bug in VS Code extentions.
[Image: 2022-04-05-10-34-04.png]

I believe it is a matter of semantics. I did the test using a real table, in VScode and using real data and it worked, because the result is displayed, however, as @JustJohnQ said Inteliphense does not recognize the method.
So although the method is not recognized, it works!

PHP Code:
echo '<pre>';
    $id 28;    
    $query 
$db->table('names')
    -> where('id'$id)
    -> get();

$result $query->getRow();

$rows $query->getNumRows();    

echo $rows;
    echo '<p>';
    print_r($result);