Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Why do you use CI? What is your job?

(07-06-2022, 08:10 AM)demyr Wrote: Even though I have my own CMS made with CI I regret having built it with a framework. Because they are updated often and your system falls behind. If you want to update, you must consider that you have more than 15 companies using this CMS and it can easily turn into a kind of nightmare.

I don't understand the logic behind that. If the new version contains bug fixes or security fixes, then all you have to do is install the code. If it was all custom code, you would have to fix it yourself. With a framework, the bugs are fixed by others. How is this a problem? Also, you don't need to always upgrade to the latest version. If the latest version contains mostly new features that you don't need at the moment, or it contains bug fixes in libraries you don't use, you can always skip that update.

What I personally found to be an upgrade nightmare is when there's always breaking changes. Fortunately, with CI there's not a lot of breaking change (with the exception of CI3 to Ci4, of course! Wink )

And to answer the original question, I started using CI for some web apps at work (only used internally in our intranet). I also use CI for personal projects.
CodeIgniter 4 tutorials (EN/FR) - https://includebeer.com
/*** NO support in private message - Use the forum! ***/

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why do you use CI? What is your job? - by includebeer - 07-13-2022, 02:05 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB