Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
About language or framework Documentation for beginners

About language or framework Documentation for beginners:

Sometimes even for beginners documentation does not help. They won't understand the wording or what it is the framework or language does. In that instance, they'll need to use the documentation to play with the code and find their own level of understanding. But even then, it won't put you in a position to build application without getting bugs or just not knowing how to build or program their application. Languages and frameworks are huge and it'll take mounts playing with the code base developing a basic understanding. Also each framework and language has different levels of understanding, such as, how it's used on the frontend, sever, database, debugging, authentication, request, responses etc...

The documentation will provide you with a getting started tutorial sometimes; and it's enough to get you up and running. But for beginners, they will get stuck. they'll need to know how to navigate through the language or framework's documentation but there is no road map for that. What people also need to understand is, documentation is not used as a source to teach you how to code. it's used for reference with outlined information about what a curtain function, method, variable, property, or array does. what documentation does not do, it does not tell you, when your building your application, this is how you should use the code base. that's how beginners get lost. knowing this, what can be done to help bridge that gap. 

I'm vary interested in learning how other people approach documentation as beginners and experts. And if they wouldn't mind talking about their experience learning and using documentation. This can really help and give other people insight when studying documentation and may change their way of thinking when diving into the documentation without having their blinders on.

I know where you are coming from and I personally have never found it easy, with documentation. Quite often I applied the Amoeba method, thats when you bang your head against a brick wall. try every permutation until it works. Takes time but you do learn a lot by that method.

The trap most writers fall into is making an assumption that something is so obvious they don't need to mention it.

One approach is to start with a mostly working out of the box ,system play with it and dissect it. I can give you a link to version control of my rather crude but works for me CMS ?
CMS CI4     I use Arch Linux by the way 

When I started way back with CodeIgniter version 1.x.x versions, I found that by looking at the framework different
classes etc; helped a lot.

Otherwise it's trial and error testing.
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB