Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
why ?

I am using CodeIgniter now for about 7 years. Over the years I have looked into other frameworks but none of them are so easy to learn as CodeIgniter. All my customer applications are using CodeIgniter as the server to a Javascript (ExtJS) frontend. The performance is great, but most of all it is very stable. What I like about CodeIgniter is that every new release (although they were not that many) has a very easy migration path (I migrated a complex application within one hour from version 2 to 3).

What I certainly have to mention is that most other frameworks have so much on board that I tend to think that sometimes less it better. It is a jungle of abbrevations and techniques where afer all I just want to have access to a database, do some logic and get something on a display through a browser. For that I don't want to learn 1000's of different things all the time. In this I am not a dedicated follower of fashion.

I believe that the CodeIgniter developers know that programmers have sometimes a large catalog of applications to maintain and the last thing that you would like is a hardheaded framework developer that thinks he is alone in this world through modifying structural behavior with release upgrades. So I think I will stick with CodeIgniter a little bit more.

betflik13
Thumbs Up 

CodeIgniter's real power comes from its simplicity and minimalism. As the PHP creator Rasmus Lerdorf once said, CI is a framework that feels the least like a framework! It's so simple that installation involves unzipping a bunch of files in the source folder, can be deployed even on a shared host! And so minimal that it's hardly a couple MBs in size!
There are other frameworks out there who have joined the hype club but you'll be hard-pressed to find one that performs as fast as CI while also being bundled with all the bells and whistles like MVC pattern, database and sessions support, multi-language support, support for email and encryption, etc. CI is just like that wafer thin layer that lays out the groundwork for you and then lets you exploit the full power of PHP and that's what makes CI the best framework choice for many developers!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB