Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Problem with Codeignter 4 deploy on shared hosting

just today I opened this hosting (at serverplan.com with cpanel) to load my site created using codeigniter 4 (Ver: 4.1.9) only I'm experiencing some problems.

the folder structure is as follows:

\home2\bfinoshj
  - .cpanel
  - bin
  - etc
  - framework
    - app
    - tests
    - vendor
    - writable
  - public_html
    - assets
    - index.php
    - robots.txt
    - vendor
first I modified the public_html/index.php file by changing the line like this:

to: $pathsConfig = FCPATH . '../framework/app/Config/Paths.php';

then I set the .env file like this

CI_ENVIRONMENT = production

app.baseURL = 'https://www.example.com/'
app.forceGlobalSecureRequests = true

database.default.hostname = my_host
database.default.database = my_db
database.default.username = my_user
database.default.password = my_pass
(for privacy reasons I have omitted the data), the rest I left commented.

later I also set app/config/App.php and app/config/Database.php correctly.

despite this the site does not work, and the following errors are shown in the logs:

from codeigniter

CRITICAL - 2022-05-05 14:20:47 --> is_file(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home2/bfinoshj/framework/vendor/autoload.php/Config/Events.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home2/bfinoshj/:/opt/cpanel/ea-php81/root/usr:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp:/etc/pki/tls/certs/ca-bundle.crt:/var/cpanel/php/sessions:/usr/local/bin/wp)
#0 [internal function]: CodeIgniter\Debug\Exceptions->errorHandler(2, 'is_file(): open...', '/home2/bfinoshj...', 174)
#1 /home2/bfinoshj/framework/vendor/codeigniter4/framework/system/Autoloader/FileLocator.php(174): is_file('/home2/bfinoshj...')
#2 /home2/bfinoshj/framework/vendor/codeigniter4/framework/system/Events/Events.php(80): CodeIgniter\Autoloader\FileLocator->search('Config/Events.p...')
#3 /home2/bfinoshj/framework/vendor/codeigniter4/framework/system/Events/Events.php(141): CodeIgniter\Events\Events::initialize()
#4 /home2/bfinoshj/framework/vendor/codeigniter4/framework/system/CodeIgniter.php(308): CodeIgniter\Events\Events::trigger('pre_system')
#5 /home2/bfinoshj/public_html/index.php(37): CodeIgniter\CodeIgniter->run()
#6 {main}
this from hosting log:

[05-May-2022 14:20:47 Europe/Rome] PHP Warning:  is_file(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home2/bfinoshj/framework/vendor/autoload.php/Helpers/url_helper.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home2/bfinoshj/:/opt/cpanel/ea-php81/root/usr:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp:/etc/pki/tls/certs/ca-bundle.crt:/var/cpanel/php/sessions:/usr/local/bin/wp) in /home2/bfinoshj/framework/vendor/codeigniter4/framework/system/Autoloader/FileLocator.php on line 174
[05-May-2022 14:20:47 Europe/Rome] PHP Warning:  is_file(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home2/bfinoshj/framework/vendor/autoload.php/Config/Services.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home2/bfinoshj/:/opt/cpanel/ea-php81/root/usr:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp:/etc/pki/tls/certs/ca-bundle.crt:/var/cpanel/php/sessions:/usr/local/bin/wp) in /home2/bfinoshj/framework/vendor/codeigniter4/framework/system/Autoloader/FileLocator.php on line 174
[05-May-2022 14:20:47 Europe/Rome] PHP Warning:  is_file(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home2/bfinoshj/framework/vendor/autoload.php/Config/Registrar.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home2/bfinoshj/:/opt/cpanel/ea-php81/root/usr:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp:/etc/pki/tls/certs/ca-bundle.crt:/var/cpanel/php/sessions:/usr/local/bin/wp) in /home2/bfinoshj/framework/vendor/codeigniter4/framework/system/Autoloader/FileLocator.php on line 174
I have already contacted support to ask to disable open_basedir from the php.ini, but they replied that it is not possible for security reasons.

How can I solve? Thanks in advance

Looks like your provider has a restriction on opening root files or something like that.

My site uses public_html and all I do is use FileZilla FTP client and upload everything to the root and it puts
everything where it belongs.

Also check your servers php version.
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

out of interest if you make

Code:
app.baseURL = 'http://www.example.com/'
app.forceGlobalSecureRequests = false

and access site as http://your domain what do you get ?
CMS CI4     I use Arch Linux by the way 

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB