Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Problems with setting up on shared cpanel (Hostgator)

I am on windows, and trying to figure how to setup on hostgator. 
As suggested, I have uploaded all files like so:

Code:
--/
--/public_html (uploaded content from public folder here)
--/test (uploaded content from the app folder here)

1) I have changed the $baseURL in App.php to point to my domain.
2) Modified index.php $pathsConfig = FCPATH . '../test/app/Config/Paths.php';
It currently is giving a 500 Error - Internal Server Error. Before this it was giving a 404 for all routes.
I have been trying to figure this out for almost 2 weeks now with no end in sight. There are no error logs generated on the server. Please, can anyone help?

Can't you see your web server log?
Why don't you ask your hosting provider?

It seems you can use Softaculous:
https://www.hostgator.com/help/article/h...-installer

(02-04-2023, 10:25 PM)kenjis Wrote: Can't you see your web server log?
Why don't you ask your hosting provider?

It seems you can use Softaculous:
https://www.hostgator.com/help/article/h...-installer

I had the same issue but I solved it with the PHP version so I don't know your PHP version PLEASE!!?? perhaps the same any way
Codeigniter First, Codeigniter Then You!!
yekrinaDigitals

(This post was last modified: 02-05-2023, 03:11 AM by rudra.)

The only error i get in error_log is this. 

Code:
[23-Dec-2020 01:27:23 America/Chicago] PHP Warning:  Version warning: Imagick was compiled against Image Magick version 1654 but version 1650 is loaded. Imagick will run but may behave surprisingly in Unknown on line 0

Hostagator support has not been helpful, in that they don't really understand codeigniter or routes.
Will try with softaculous.

(This post was last modified: 02-05-2023, 05:11 AM by rudra.)

Codeigniter is now installed on the shared server. 
Code:
$routes->get('/', 'Home::index');   //default route

$routes->get('dash', 'Home::index');    //custom route
The default route works. But when I add any custom route and access it using <domain.com>/dash, it shows a 404 

Code:
Sorry, this page doesn't exist. Please check the URL or go back a page. 
404 Error. Page Not Found.

It sounds like you are experiencing issues with setting up your website on HostGator. Based on what you've shared, it seems like you have uploaded your files correctly and made the necessary changes to your App.php and index.php files. However, you are still encountering errors when trying to access your website.

One thing you could try is to check if there are any errors in your server logs. If you are not seeing any error logs generated on the server, you may need to enable error logging in your PHP configuration file. This should give you more information about what is causing the 500 Internal Server Error.

Another thing to check is if your .htaccess file is properly configured. Make sure that your RewriteBase is set correctly to match the location of your website files on the server.

If you are still having trouble after trying these solutions, you may want to reach out to HostGator support for further assistance. They should be able to help you diagnose and resolve any issues with your website setup.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB