Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Which are the best IDE's for PHP development ???

[eluser]dare[/eluser]
Hi !!!
I would like to know which IDE you guys think is the best for PHP developing, what do you use and what commercial version you should use instead if you could pay for it.
By the way, I found the links below very interesting:

Seven great PHP IDEs Compared

PHP editors reviews

Regards
Dare

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
I tend to use eclipse with PDT, available from http://www.eclipse.org/pdt/ , then i tie it in with subclipse ( http://subclipse.tigris.org/) for svn integration. Eclipse has many features that i find useful, the integration of unit testing, bookmarks, code outline, Javadoc style comments, todo lists. You can find a extension to Eclipse to do almost anything, I even have one for my gtalk in there.

Its well worth download ( as it's free ) and just having a play about with it.

Hope that helps,

Good luck.

[eluser]tobben[/eluser]
I would add TextMate to the list. It's for OSX though, but has something similar for Microsoft Windows. E-TextEditor

Anyways.. ill bet here is a lot of threads/topics on this if you search the forums.

[eluser]matthewr[/eluser]
I like Coda on Mac and PhpED on Windows.

[eluser]GSV Sleeper Service[/eluser]
for me it's textmate on a Mac, gvim on windows. although I'm starting to really, really like Eclipse (the java-ness still leaves a nasty taste in the mouth though Wink

[eluser]MCrittenden[/eluser]
For any linux users, gEdit with the Snippers plugin and the File Browser plugin acts a lot like TextMate. It works. Geany is also pretty decent.

[eluser]Lone[/eluser]
Notepad++ - I just cant get outa it! But that being said it isn't really an IDE Tongue

I actually bought PHPed a while ago for the other developers PC and really has been quite a good investment. Given we don't use the IDE side that much more nowadays it still is a fairly good editor without a more faster loading speed then ones like Aptana/Eclipse that are Java based.

[eluser]adamp1[/eluser]
I have to admit eclipse is just great. I use eclipse with PDT, along with SVN and Trac tickets. It just makes development so simple.

I have tried others like PHPed but just little things annoyed me about them.

[eluser]adwin[/eluser]
VIM Big Grin

just gvim and notepad++ for css editing Big Grin

[eluser]José Mota[/eluser]
Windows: Programmer's Notepad, Notepad++
Mac: Textmate, Coda
Linux: Vim, Quanta (don't know other hehe, but that gEdit mention sounds cool)

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB