Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Unable to select the specified database

I need assistance with installing grocery crud in CodeIgniter using Wamp. I'm encountering the following error:

"A Database Error Occurred: Unable to select the specified database: archives_collection, Filename: C:\wamp\www\archives_collection\system\database\DB_driver.php, Line Number: 140"

I've checked the user and password as mentioned in the installation documentation, but the error persists. Can you please help me troubleshoot this issue? Thank you in advance!

You can verify if CodeIgniter is able to establish a connection with the database by creating a simple test script. Create a new PHP file, for example, `test_db.php`, in the root folder of your CodeIgniter project. Add the following code to the file:

```php
<?php
$connection = mysqli_connect('localhost', 'your_username', 'your_password', 'archives_collection');
if (!$connection) {
die('Database connection failed: ' . mysqli_connect_error());
} else {
echo 'Database connection successful!';
}
?>
```

The error message indicates that the database archives_collection does not exist or that it is not accessible to the user that you are using to connect to the database.

To troubleshoot this issue, you can try the following:

Make sure that the database archives_collection exists in MySQL. You can check this by running the following command in the MySQL console:
SQL
SHOW DATABASES;

If the database does not exist, you can create it by running the following command:

SQL
CREATE DATABASE archives_collection;
Make sure that the user that you are using to connect to the database has access to the database archives_collection. You can check this by running the following command in the MySQL console:
SQL
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON archives_collection.* TO 'my_username' IDENTIFIED BY 'my_password';
Replace my_username with the username of the user that you are using to connect to the database and my_password with the password of the user.

Make sure that the database configuration file in CodeIgniter is correct. The database configuration file is located in the application/config/database.php file.
Open the database.php file and make sure that the following settings are correct:

PHP
'database' => 'archives_collection',
'username' => 'my_username',
'password' => 'my_password',

Replace archives_collection with the name of your database, my_username with the username of the user that you are using to connect to the database, and my_password with the password of the user.

Restart your Wamp server.

Try to install Grocery CRUD again.

If you are still getting the error after trying the above steps, please provide more information about your environment, such as the version of CodeIgniter and Grocery CRUD that you are using.

I hope this helps!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB