Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
User Guideline Tutorial failing

Hello,
I'm following the user guide tutorial.

For a start I see the php spark serve, serves my application in port 8081 and not 8080 and I don't know why, since I've done just the basic configuration yet.

Also, when trying to open the /pages or /home or /about page, I always get a 404 : Controller or its method is not found: \Config\Pages::view.
As the code is trying to find my controllers inside of folder Config and not folder Controllers.

I have the correct namespace in Routes.php : $routes->setDefaultNamespace('App\Controllers');
I didn't touch anything of that yet.

Thank you very much if you can help me !!

Kind regards,

Carlota

If php spark serve starts serving on localhost:8081, it means port 8080 is in use. If you are sure no web server is occupying port 8080, VLC Media Player is the usual suspect if you have it and running in the background.

CodeIgniter Wizard (CRUD code generator for Mac) instantly scaffolds Bootstrap-based web applications with an administrative interface (admin templates include Bootstrap5)

Thank you very much for your quick replies !!

Just so you all know, Windows is good for taking local ports for IIS ( Internet Information Services ).

You can stop this if you donot use IIS

1) Control Panel
2) Click on Unistall Programs
3) On the left Click on Turn Windows Features on or off
4) On check Internet Information Services & Internet Information Services Hostable Web Core.

That will free up any ports that Internet Information Services was using.
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

This can be the reason, I know I have it active.
Thank you !
Previous solution worked for me but I didn't write use Namespace but I specified all the path of the class inside the class definition. Instead of using ::Class.
Thank you !

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB