Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Google AJAX library API and The Future CI JavaScript Functionalities

[eluser]WoOzY KinG[/eluser]
I read the introduction of Google AJAX library API and feel excited about their idea - what I sense is a (much) better performance of juicy javascript powered pages (namely ajax).

And I believe you've all read the news about EE 2.0 is now fully CodeIgnited. The shiny part was:
Quote:There are also exciting things in the works for CodeIgniter that aren’t yet in the public repository (because they aren’t done yet, not because we won’t share). The most exciting of which is probably the brand new javascript and jQuery libraries, which will provide simple, programatic ways to write complex javascript code. It means you’ll have a simple, CodeIgniter way of creating rich javascript functions. You don’t need to be a javascript guru, but you can be.

Amazing (because I hate js so much, this could further relieve a lot of development pressure)! Now what I think is that whether we can have an option of loading the lib file(s) by using Google's API and still have the CI ways of using them, like mentioned in the news:
Code:
// Effect: fade a div into view
$this->javascript->fade_in(“div”);

// Event: set up a click to show a submenu
$this->javascript->click(“#button”,
    $this->javascript->hide(“.submenu”);
);

// Plugin: using a jQuery plugin
$this->jquery->tablesorter();

I know where to load the lib file is a small thing compare to how they're greatly merged into CI, but since we all care about performance, why don't we take all possible effort to boost it?

Messages In This Thread
Google AJAX library API and The Future CI JavaScript Functionalities - by El Forum - 06-02-2008, 02:39 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB