Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Google AJAX library API and The Future CI JavaScript Functionalities

[eluser]xwero[/eluser]
[quote author="Michael Wales" date="1212428581"]The benefit of the Google API isn't the speeding up of your site's loading time - it's the speeding up of every site's loading time for you, as a user.

Whether the site is in Turkey, the US, or the moon - if they all referenced Google's copy of jQuery (or whatever) - then the end user would use their own cached copy, rather than reloading the same library on every single domain they visit.[/quote]
Nice you made the subtleties more clear but my question still remains what if the library has to be fetched from a far away server if you don't have already loaded the library from some other site. If it's a first visit your site performance will look bad in the eyes of the surfer.

I can see the benefit of caching the library on the users machine but for which duration? The time the browser stays open? The time the user is logged on?

I didn't get into the api yet but i think as a developer there are a lot of uncertainties and i guess for the benchmark nuts among us it would be a nightmare.

Messages In This Thread
Google AJAX library API and The Future CI JavaScript Functionalities - by El Forum - 06-02-2008, 07:01 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB