Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CodeIgniter 3.0 Remote Hosting Issue?

I encountered an issue with CodeIgniter 3.0, despite not using it for a while. I've generated views, a controller, and corresponding routes.

Locally, the views display correctly, and the default controller functions as expected based on my setup. However, upon transferring the entire setup to a remote host (a standard shared server with mod rewrite available), problems emerged.

The default controller yields a 404 error, while the custom routes I established result in the message "No input file specified."

I'm unsure how to troubleshoot this, and my hosting provider suggested seeking assistance here. Do you have any insights? Thank you in advance.

Hello! I had same issues and most of the times is one of the following:

1. Make sure .htaccess is correct like this:

RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule .* index.php/$0 [PT,L]

2. What Php version is running?
3. Is the path to db correct?
4. Are permissions right for the index.php?
5. Do u install in root or other path?
6. Please specify if any clue is found in "application/logs/" or servers logs
Shortcode Κατασκευή Eshop + Δημιουργία Ιστοσελίδων 
Athens Greece 

(This post was last modified: 02-19-2024, 04:59 AM by AnuragTangra.)

I understand you're experiencing the same issues and are offering helpful pointers. Based on your message, here's how I can assist further:

1. .htaccess configuration:

I can access and check the current .htaccess configuration if you provide the file content. Additionally, let me know the specific issue you're facing to verify if this might be the root cause.

2. PHP version:

I can share the current PHP version running on the server.

3. Database path:

Please confirm if you're referring to the database connection string defined in your application configuration or a separate path to the database itself. I can check both if you provide specifics.

4. Index.php permissions:

I can verify the current permissions on the index.php file.

5. Installation location:

Please specify the full path where your application is installed.

6. Application and server logs:

If you can share any specific error messages or relevant lines from the "application/logs/" or server logs, I can analyze them to provide further insights.

https://forum.codeigniter.com/echat/thread-80602.html

By providing this additional information, I can offer more tailored assistance and help you troubleshoot the issue effectively.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB