Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Hey Now it is a time for CI Team to prepare and write a CI 4+ Tutorial Book

Hi CI team and CI4 funs and to whom it may concern:

This is my opinion regarding CI framework, first I would like to confirm that at earlier time it was really difficult to understanding deeply CI4 plus, it necessitated me to take a 6 months just reading CI4 user guide only until i got everything clear, I also recommend for newbies here that they should stick at firstly reading its user guide before working on it,It is really simple and funny, What is my point here ,

I am developer and CI4 has become my main source PHP framework I used other framework at first like Laravel,Cakephp,Slim and even symphony but since i encountered with CI4+ I acknowledge that it has become my main PHP framework from and so on...

Why I wanna let developers to understand this, CI4+ gives a huge freedom on developing any app since gives you a choice to fun your own library or module in easy step and rapidly. I can do also book for but i am heart painful since CI Team have been suffered in contributing and they deserve to yearn sm small amount of pennies from CI framework and not only that I think it will let many get deeply and courageously study a CI4+ fr book.

I think writing a tutorial book for CodeIgniter 4 is a great idea! CodeIgniter is a popular PHP framework that is known for its simplicity and ease of use, making it a great choice for web developers.

Here's a general outline and some tips i have thought to consider when creating CI4+ tutorial book:

1. Introduction
Briefly explain what CodeIgniter 4 is and its advantages.
Discuss the target audience for a book.

2. Setting Up Environment
Guide readers through the installation of PHP, Composer, and other necessary tools.
Explain how to create a new CodeIgniter project using Composer.

3. MVC Architecture
Explain the Model-View-Controller (MVC) architectural pattern.
Show how to create models, views, and controllers in CodeIgniter.

4. Routing and URLs
Explain how routing works in CodeIgniter.
Guide readers through creating custom routes for different URLs.

5. Database Interaction
Discuss database configuration in CodeIgniter.
Show how to perform basic CRUD (Create, Read, Update, Delete) operations using the framework's database features.

6. Views and Templates
Explain how to create dynamic views and templates.
Discuss the use of helpers and libraries for rendering views.

7. Form Handling and Validation
Guide readers through creating forms and handling form submissions.
Show how to use CodeIgniter's validation library to validate user inputs.

8. Working with Sessions and Cookies
Explain how to manage user sessions and cookies.
Discuss best practices for handling user authentication.

9. File Handling and Uploading
Guide readers through uploading files and managing file interactions.

10. RESTful APIs
Explain how to create RESTful APIs using CodeIgniter 4.
Discuss methods for handling API requests and responses.

11. Security
Discuss security best practices in CodeIgniter, including data validation, SQL injection prevention, and XSS protection.

12. Caching and Performance Optimization
Explain how to implement caching for improved performance.
Discuss techniques for optimizing CodeIgniter applications.

13. Debugging and Error Handling
Guide readers through debugging techniques and tools.
Explain how to handle errors gracefully in CodeIgniter.

14. Advanced Topics (optional)
You could include advanced topics like internationalization, unit testing, third-party library integration, etc.

15. Deployment and Hosting
Provide instructions on how to deploy a CodeIgniter application to a web server.

16. Case Studies and Projects (optional)
Include practical examples or projects that demonstrate real-world use cases of CodeIgniter.

17. Tips and Best Practices
Throughout the book, provide tips, best practices, and common pitfalls to avoid.
Remember to provide clear and concise explanations, plenty of code examples, and practical exercises for readers to follow along.

Lastly I think will be great Idea How do you see on your side any way.I would like to hear from you all

@luckmoshy
Codeigniter First, Codeigniter Then You!!
yekrinaDigitals

(This post was last modified: 08-13-2023, 09:14 AM by ozornick.)

What you want to write is almost the same as the documentation. Even the content is similar) It takes time to describe development practices and choose a project for discussion. Is there something besides a blog?

By the way, Slim also does not limit you in any way. It's just routing, you do the rest yourself. You can even port something from CI4
Simple CI 4 project for beginners codeigniter-expenses

Hi @luckmoshy ,

Last year I prepared a repo on github ,which was private - now it is public, but we couldn't get much further. If you want to join, we can do something

github

Great! In the CodeIgniter book, I recommend focusing on chapters 16 and 17. Chapter 16 covers case studies and practical projects, showcasing real-world applications of CodeIgniter. Chapter 17 provides tips, best practices, and how to avoid common pitfalls. These two topics promise to bring a practical and valuable approach to learning and applying CodeIgniter effectively

In my opinion Codeigniter4 is very poor in terms of training, publishing content and team performance.
As far as I know, 3 books have been published about codeigniter4, but it is not enough.

I don't know who will answer users' problems if not Kenji. There are no complete training resources, no official training videos.

In addition, I saw today that PR is planning to cancel the publication of news on the site, this is a disaster.
https://github.com/codeigniter4projects/...e/pull/389

In my opinion, if you produce the best product but you can't introduce the product to the community, educate, so the community will easily stay away from your product.

I know team members work hard, but it is not enough in this field. I hope they think of forming a team to introduce and make training videos/new Books.

(08-15-2023, 11:50 PM)datamweb Wrote: In my opinion Codeigniter4 is very poor in terms of training, publishing content and team performance.
As far as I know, 3 books have been published about codeigniter4, but it is not enough.

I don't know who will answer users' problems if not Kenji. There are no complete training resources, no official training videos.

In addition, I saw today that PR is planning to cancel the publication of news on the site, this is a disaster.
https://github.com/codeigniter4projects/...e/pull/389

In my opinion, if you produce the best product but you can't introduce the product to the community, educate, so the community will easily stay away from your product.

I know team members work hard, but it is not enough in this field. I hope they think of forming a team to introduce and make training videos/new Books.

I believe the team needs to establish a more effective communication channel, like the currently inactive Twitter ('x') or create a repository for tutorials/resources. Additionally, a more comprehensive tutorial in the documentation for beginners would be very helpful. These improvements would certainly benefit the entire community.

the reason why there are no good manuals means that the use cases do not apply specifically to SI. What you are asking for is weakly related to the framework. more related to the practice of PHP development. Try to study patterns and many issues are solved. Personally, I found all the main examples in the documentation and read only very specific tasks in the source code.
and a small question to you, is there anyone who can adequately translate from another language if I tell you a little?
Simple CI 4 project for beginners codeigniter-expenses

(08-13-2023, 08:03 AM)luckmoshy Wrote: This is my opinion regarding CI framework, first I would like to confirm that at earlier time it was really difficult to understanding deeply CI4 plus, it necessitated me to take a 6 months just reading CI4 user guide only until i got everything clear, I also recommend for newbies here that they should stick at firstly reading its user guide before working on it,It is really simple and funny, What is my point here ,

Thank you for your opinion and TOC for a tutorial book.

I would like to ask what was difficult for you in learning CI4?

If you know CI3 well, 6 months are longer than I expect to learn CI4.
Of course CI4 has much more functionalities than CI3, 
it is natural to take some time to learn.

(This post was last modified: 08-17-2023, 04:19 AM by luckmoshy.)

Thank you for your opinion and TOC for a tutorial book.

I would like to ask, What was difficult for you in learning CI4?
Quote:If you know CI3 well, 6 months is longer than I expect to learn CI4.
Of course, CI4 has much more functionality than CI3.
It is natural to take some time to learn.

Sorry was much busier,  Thank you all for your comments and replies to this thread @kenjis as I say CI4 If you are a newbie, you will face a lot of complications at Glace, but as you keep on, it will show you halfway how. To be honest, as you see, a lot of questions in CI4+ are real and look very common. Newbies may ask a lot of the same questions almost every day, questions that are answered by the same character

@kenjis I have been following CI4 here for so long! But don't you see that many ask the same clueless questions every day? Don't you see, just have a good time, inspect, and you will pass the thread asking the same meaning every day? To know CI3 is not the real matter, even though they are the same, let me remind you that a lot of developers who use ci3 yet have not moved to CI4+ for their own reasons, or maybe there is some hint of complexity in learning curve I don't know but I'm sure I've received many questions on how to move and use CI4+ and many are from CI3

as you wonder and say that 6 months are much longer to learn and understand, Of course, it depends on someone and how the CI4 user guide goes on because there are a number of updates every interval of time This will be fixed with a book, I think, so why not? Because the book has a version number, sometimes when you release a new update, you say you have not updated the user guide yet. Is it!!

A CI4 user guide  It really looks like there is not enough of a basic CI tutorial; for example, CRUD (Create, read, update, and delete) is not completed, as well as, as I said, tips, best practices, and common pitfalls to avoid. You could also include advanced topics like internationalization, unit testing, third-party library integration, etc.

Yeah, CI4+ needs a lot of courage from many developers. to engage in and I think a book may bring them much into this PHP framework circumference
Codeigniter First, Codeigniter Then You!!
yekrinaDigitals

The truth is that there are a lot of premium scripts written with CodeIgniter. I have seen a couple of them in some marketplaces, with reasonable number of sales.

One of the ways I suggest is to first, switch this forum from mybb to CodeIgniter (with a better design). if we say that CodeIgniter is a great framework, then official products should be developed using the framework. We can implement something like laravel.io which contains forum, articles, etc and most importantly, serve ads, which will be used to sustain the framework.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB