Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
What's Your Preferred Text Editor?

I'm just starting out with CodeIgniter, and I'm curious: what's your favorite text editor to use with this framework? And which extensions or plugins do you find essential? I'd love to hear your recommendations. Thank you!

If it fits within your budget, I recommend PhpStorm.

vscode free. When working with CI, you don't need a many plugins.

VS Code + (PHP Intelephense, PHP Debug, Tailwind CSS IntelliSense).

phpStorm is one of the best out there and you can pay for it by the month or year.
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

SublimeText!! :-)

I am using PhpStorm for many years now and love it.

Eclipse PDT
https://eclipse.dev/pdt/
or
Komodo IDE

Komodo has, unfortunately, halted development of any future versions, but it still works nicely both under Linux and Windows.

If you need a bare text editor that is extremely powerful, but "somewhat" complex to understand, there's also Emacs Wink

-joho

(This post was last modified: 09-12-2023, 11:23 PM by tarcisiodev1.)

(09-12-2023, 11:04 PM)joho Wrote: Eclipse PDT
https://eclipse.dev/pdt/
or
Komodo IDE

Komodo has, unfortunately, halted development of any future versions, but it still works nicely both under Linux and Windows.

If you need a bare text editor that is extremely powerful, but "somewhat" complex to understand, there's also Emacs Wink

Could you please recommend any resources or links to help beginners get started with Emacs? Any tips or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

(09-11-2023, 03:35 AM)FlavioSuar Wrote: SublimeText!! :-)

Could you please share what configurations and packages you use in Sublime Text to enhance your coding experience?

(09-12-2023, 11:21 PM)tarcisiodev1 Wrote: [quote pid="412604" dateline="1694585065"]

Could you please recommend any resources or links to help beginners get started with Emacs? Any tips or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

[/quote]

I think any given search engine on the Internet will be your best friend here. I've been using Emacs for 20+ years, but still mainly use it from a bash prompt to do quick code editing, and/or Linux configuration management. Other suggestions that have been given here, like vscode, sublime, etc may be a better choice. I think this is something very personal for developers.

I know of people that use Notepad++ (Windows) and keep their entire project in a zillion tabs, so I guess it comes down to "whatever floats your boat".

-joho

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB