Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Here's a weird one (debugging invisible characters?)

[eluser]CheekyGeek[/eluser]
FYI:
I just replicated the problem when copying and pasting some code from the online User Guide. I'm assuming this might be fairly standard procedure for people to do and it might be good to know that doing that could cause problems (for some reason).

I'm on a MacBook Pro and I'm running the Entropy PHP 5 for Tiger modified to run on Leopard with Apache2 (via some good instructions in the Entropy forum). I need to test if it happens in more than one browser, but I copied and pasted some code from my CI installations User Guide into a BBEdit document and then turned invisibles on. The problem was there and it will generate a T_ error of some kind when it hits that line.

Replacing the characters with normal spaces or tabs fixes the problem. I'll link to another screenshot of the BBEdit showing invisibles in the morning.

Messages In This Thread
Here's a weird one (debugging invisible characters?) - by El Forum - 06-23-2008, 09:26 PM
Here's a weird one (debugging invisible characters?) - by El Forum - 06-23-2008, 09:52 PM
Here's a weird one (debugging invisible characters?) - by El Forum - 06-24-2008, 12:30 AM
Here's a weird one (debugging invisible characters?) - by El Forum - 06-24-2008, 02:01 AM
Here's a weird one (debugging invisible characters?) - by El Forum - 06-24-2008, 06:45 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB